Is this a rear light surround?

Geekay

Bought this at a swap meet among other car junk, just do not know what model it is off and where it was fitted.

Looks like it may have had a light in the middle, so I am thinking a rear light on the middle rear of a vehicle.

Or maybe over the radiator filler at front?

I am guessing 1930/40's.

DSC_0003.JPG

21 minutes ago, Geekay said:

Bought this at a swap meet among other car junk, just do not know what model it is off and where it was fitted.

Looks like it may have had a light in the middle, so I am thinking a rear light on the middle rear of a vehicle.

Or maybe over the radiator filler at front?

I am guessing 1930/40's.

DSC_0003.JPG

On the grille shell of a mid-30's Canadian Dodge truck. The hole in the top is where the fill spout extends up past the grille shell.

I believe Knuckle nailed it. I found this picture on line 

5a4edd2dddba8_FargoTruck.jpg.39e4f5023647cc9a4f964e7c81af9d0a.jpg

Edited by T120

Yep, that's it.

This forum is amazing.

They seem to be quite durable looking at the one on the truck in photo.

Now, what do I do with it???

knuckleharley and T120..shout yourselves a beer........as I am in down under Oz....see if you can find an Aussie beer.

Where I live in Wodonga Victoria it is forecast to be 41 degrees celsius..that's 106 F.

I think I may be having more than one beer...probably a VB.

• Like 1

Nah we'd still call it a radiator cap mount or something similar, tho' I'm not as far downunder as Geekay............lol...........andyd 

Gidday Dav........with a welder, some bog and a grinder it'll fit your trucks .............oops.........o/k I'll go back in my corner.........Happy New Year BTW..............lol.......andyd

• Like 1

I wager that the Fargo pictured is somewhere beyond the black stump in Oz.  Right hand steering and Is that not an Austin A40 in the background.  

Fosters  was a good beer here  until our local breweries started making it in Canada under license.   Tastes like  most big breweries stuff now.   As grand dad would say  It's all good, some's better.