Parts identification P18

Thomba48

There are two parts that I am currently looking for - with a certainly ongoing list :-)

Please see attached pictures.

a. the front door "seal" on the right and left. What is this part called in english - I shall than be able to find the part somewhere.

b. the small "pins" that attach the door panel to door itself

20180104_172322.jpg

20180104_173002.jpg

One is the door weather seal or weather strip. The other is known as windlace.  Any upholstery or trimmers shop can make up windlace by sewing vinyl or upholstery fabric around various sizes of round foam. You should be able to find weatherstrip in varying profiles by the foot at body shop,collision damage repair shop supply stores.

I certainly did not phrase my needs correctly.

In regard to the door matter I am looking for those studs? (correct word) that attach the door panel to the frame. They literally fit into the whole on the picture showing the door panel.

In regard to the weather seal on the passenger door side. The remainder part looks extremely "bespoke" given that it changes its width along the way, given that the seal is actually partially screwed to the frame. So I actually do believe that this is an actual "made for the Plymouth" part. But I have yet not found the actual part number in the book. I shall keep on looking :-)

odds are if your door panel is missing this retainer clip it is because the panel (door card) is damaged and the item is missing.  When making door card to repair or correct for this condition you can use the more modern style retainer clip, they serve the same purpose but are a tad different in shape and more user friendly for putting on and off the door assembly....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25pc-Door-Panel-Clips-GM-Chrysler-Trim-Fasteners-Clip-Camaro-Charger-Chevelle/362122628710?hash=item545030ce66:g:XbgAAOSw5FpZ1kJp&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DMT-MOPAR-Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth-Door-Panel-Clips-Trim-Panel-Retainers-20pcs/361465211226?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D47301%26meid%3Db8d871fc84b24ce4bd888812a0aa503b%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D362122628710&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

There is a door to fender gasket being reproduced but it does not have the metal . They are costly and  the ones  I tried did not fit so well.  Proceed with caution.

• Thanks 1

This is similar to the original hidden door panel clips on the old 40's 50's MoPars...