New Year Resolutions

Plymouthy Adams

Ive got way too many projects..  Like P.A.   i too am working on a house remodel that seems to be a never ending process.. A wife nagging at me to work on her car.  A v-8 that needs the last touches before i put it in the 57.  And a new MOPAR project.   I'm hoping to keep working on the house (sheetrock, insulation, plumbing etc etc.) until spring gets here. Then we are going to go in the garage/shop and have a major cleaning session so i can get back to working on some of these car projects. Id like to put a drain in front of the garage and pour a new approach. Id also like to get the plymouth moved to a better location to work on it. Then get the engine out,torn down and if deemed worthy taken to the machinist....  wow  all this and still raise 2 kids and keep a full time job..

2 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

most all folks with a home, kids and doing the 9-5er, its a full plate, stay focused, the car hobby is to be an expression of your creative side and a way to relax and never just another job that has to be done.  Remember, this builds character....:D

My 46 has been a really long term father and son project.  Since the purchase of the car a lot has happened.  We would work on it at times then it would sit for long periods. We have spent countless hours walking swap meets, beating the bushes at obscure junk yards.  We've bought parts cars from  "eccentric people". traded parts.  It lead early on to him buying his own Plymouth (at 17, with his own money and repairing and driving it on his own).  Yea we want it done,  yea it's the butt of jokes on how long it's taken us.  But everything we have done to the car, we've done together. We always have  lots of laughs and good times.  We don't treat it as a job, it's always a joy.  

• Like 1

I understand completely... I don't know why but the wife's mustang is becoming a job. This builds character???   I guess  grouchy, scar ridden & deaf all count as character..

I'll make it, we all have to remember in order to take the journey we have to take the first step and keep taking steps.  Some days  the step is getting on here and rekindling the excitment of doing what we all do with 50+ year old Iron. 

On 1/14/2018 at 8:54 PM, pflaming said:

My first goal is to get my legs back, the knee replacement has healed yet muscles are weak. My second is to get the Suburban legal and usable, details will be as time and suddenly aging torso allow. In September I'm 80! Yikes!  My third goal is make it to September. 

I wish you all the best for your Knee replacement. You will be able to fit soon.

May GOD BLESS YOU.