Free Book - Truck by John Jerome

FlashBuddy

Truck: On Rebuilding a Worn-Out Pickup and Other Post-Technological Adventures

An interesting read and will ring true with all of us Pilothouse owners, especially those living in America's heartland.

Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll ship it out snail mail next chance I get to go to the post office. First come first served of course!

2018-10-10_05-37-57.jpg

Edited by FlashBuddy
  • Like 1

Yes Don, you sent the book to  me, I read it, passed it forward to the next man, I am not sure if it is still there or if he forwarded it...I do not recall any note on the forum of the book changing hands.  Also, not heard from the author for a spell either, called him while back, he was to send pictures of his car...last I heard from him.  I need to try to call him again.  

Truck is a great book.  I have both a paperback (with a Dodge pickup on the cover....imagine that!) and hardcover edition and re-read sections of it occasionally.  

I was surprised to find out that John Jerome also wrote books about swimming.  It turns out that a friend of mine read the swimming books and actually corresponded with him.  Unfortunately John Jerome passed away several years ago.

Edited by JerseyHarold

• 9 months later...

On 12/28/2017 at 6:41 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

start a new movement, read it, pass it along, next man pays media postage...

I am not the fastest reader but, on a 6hr plane ride back home last night I finally finished the book.

ready to pass it on to the next person that is interested. 

PM me if interested..... 

• Like 2

John Jerome's book "Truck" is a great read. I first read it back in the 1970's and reread it once or twice since. The local folks he talks about in the book remind me of some of the locals around here in Vermont.  I like his self-deprecating humor, and I especially like the fact that when he's done working on the truck he goes inside, sits beside the fire, and has a glass or whiskey. Obviously he has his priorities straight.

Pete

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 48Dodger said:

I'm game....:)

48D

game for the book next or game for that glass of whiskey by the fire, Pete mentioned?  :)

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 8:35 AM, Brent B3B said:

game for the book next or game for that glass of whiskey by the fire, Pete mentioned?  :)

LOL.....the book! Man I thought you knew me Brent! I only drink when you and Mark make me drink.

48D

• Haha 1

Lol.... Coming your way brother....

Yeah, I know you! 

you'll probably have the book read at a stop light 

or from the mailbox to the house.