need some hints

Don Jordan

First my apologizes to Don C. in the event I posted this in the wrong place

I bought some clips on e bay for my outside finish molding.  I'm not really sure how they go on.   I figured out that the clips go in the holes on the body.  I'm just not sure how the molding fits on the clips.  I don't want to break anything.  I already had one piece of stainless go flying off.

thanks

Yes, those little "duck bill" tabs on the cllips go into the holes in the body.  Then, the trim simply pops onto the clips. 

Like......start the top edge and gently press the bottom edge over the clip.   On the very back sections that

end in a point.....I think there is a threaded stud built in at the rear to secure the trim.  

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/trim%20clips%20Photo%20Library.html

Do these clips resemble the letter "H"?  If so,if you look closely you will see that one pair of legs is slightly longer than the opposite pair, in the the crossbar is not centered vertically.  It is important that all the clips are oriented the same way.  If I remember, the shorter ones go at the top.  There is also a slightly different curvature to the trim. This curve establishes whether it is right or left side trim.  I believe the rounder part of the curve goes to the bottom as mounted.  Hope this doesn't confuse you, but it is better to get them fully sorted before popping them on.  If you need to remove them to reorient them they may get bent on removal..  Go slow and carefully before popping them in a hole as just trying to rotate the once attached may scratch paint, making an opportunity for corrosion down the road.

Edited by greg g

6 hours ago, BobT-47P15 said:

maybe this pic shows clips...........post-10-13585352943598_thumb.jpgbut.....once the picture got larger, I can see this is wrong photo, but can't figure how to remove it. 

go to this thread entry by yourself, click on edit,  when edit page opens, at bottom will be the picture and the trash can icon on the thumbnail of the picture.....click the trash can... should remove the picture and allow you to save the post without the attachment....if it default to the page and exits editor without the picture but leaves the tell tell  X for the picture, go back and edit again, highlight the X and hit delete button. then save...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams