1941 plymouth truck engine block stamp help please

Pat McCabe

Got to ask the experts and anyone who has a 1941 pt125.Looking at a 1941 Plymouth truck

The engine is stamped    P10* 271522     which goes back to  1940 Plymouth deluxe

Did they ever put in car engines in the latter trucks in the last models,This truck has a high serial number was made late

Or did the 1941 truck engine just get swapped for a 1940 car engine by chance,Any help please,Anyone have a truck stamped pt125*

Thanks all!!!!!!

yup certainly a swap. common with cars very very common with trucks. neither of my dodge trucks has the proper block in it. Dads 40 has a Chrysler supplied replacement that was stamped with the same # as the original

1 minute ago, Young Ed said:

yup certainly a swap. common with cars very very common with trucks. neither of my dodge trucks has the proper block in it. Dads 40 has a Chrysler supplied replacement that was stamped with the same # as the original

ok just had to ask, I suppose there life wasn't as long as today , thanks Ed

Just now, jeff ross said:

ok just had to ask, I suppose there life wasn't as long as today , thanks Ed

nope my 48 plymouth came out of the junkyard with I believe 76K miles. I don't think it was 176 as the engine was the original and still standard bore. Think how you'd feel if your car today only went 76K