Station Wagon Specific Accessories

Greg51T&CWagon

Still surveying my new1951 T&C wagon and noticed some stainless fittings in the back. They are on the passenger side and in the middle. Little dished cups. I'm wondering what they were for? I've also seen pics online of a wagon with two little rectangular frames like 15 x 18 inches. A review of the car mentioned an accessory mattress for the back. Does anyone have any info on these sorts of things? Pictures? I don't see anything in my parts book.

wagon-floor.jpg

AI have had a 1950 Chrysler wagon for 30+ years and I have never seen any accessories other than the standard MoPar ones in the parts or accessories catalogs.

Maybe they are "cups" for a removable 3rd seat or seats?

Maybe for the camping package... fit in the windows at night

Mine is a 1950 Royal  Woodie wagon and is different.

Some pics out of some books I have...best I can do...

First two pics  are 1951-52.............. last is a 1950 Chrysler Royal Woodie wagon..

IMG_3944.JPG

IMG_3945.JPG

IMG_3946.JPG

Oh cool. Thanks. Looks like the ambulance cot would fit those divots. BTW the mattress is mentioned in the Jan 1st Mechanix Illustrated for 1951.

"The rear passenger seats fold forward and upside down, making additional hardwood floor surface when wanted. Chrysler will supply a mattress for this which means sleeping accommodations ample enough for any two sportsmen or mobsters on the lam."