46 WC Disc brake conversion

TylerB46

Hey folks, I'm wanting to do a front disc brake conversion on my WC 1/2 ton truck using this kit https://scarebird.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=134 I was just curious to see if anyone else has used this kit, and also I need to figure out a way to boost the brakes. I know a lot of guys use the Rusty Hope kit, but this one already has the brackets and I'm terrible at fabbing anything so I'm willing to pay extra to have that already out of the way. My main concern is figuring out how to boost the brakes, so any help there in HIGH detail would be wonderful. I've never driven anything that has drum brakes all the way around so I don't know how bad they are at stopping, but if converting to disc wouldn't make much of a difference I'm open to just leaving the drum brakes, but I doubt they're that great hence there being conversion kits.

Edited by TylerB46

I see no need to boost Rustyhope disc brakes. Regarding the minor fab work. I took my spindles and steering arms to a machine shop, showed them Rusty's instructions and walked out in less than 90 minutes. If I had a bigger drill press I would have done it myself.  Best to you on this project which should include a dual chamber MC and all new brake lines. 

I have the Rustyhope kit on my truck I drilled mine on the truck just use a sharp bit. I have a Master Power Brakes booster and dual MC setup for a Model A, very little fab work,its been working great for 10 plus years

23 hours ago, John U said:

I have the Rustyhope kit on my truck I drilled mine on the truck just use a sharp bit. I have a Master Power Brakes booster and dual MC setup for a Model A, very little fab work,its been working great for 10 plus years

Is there anyway I could see a pic of how you have that set up?