What accessories do you have, and do you want??

P15-D24

When I started putting my B1 back together I started looking for accessories to make it fully loaded. He is what I have accumulated so far:

Mopar electric wiper upgrade

Mopar windshield washer

Ash tray

Deluxe heater, the one that sucks in fresh air from an intake next to the radiator

Front tow hooks

Spotlight 

After market vacuum fan in the cab

Aftermarket tach

Radio

Heavy duty generator

Factory PCV system

Passenger door mirror

Fog lights

Front bumper overrides

Brake holder

Heavy duty air cleaner

Heavy duty bypass oil filter 

Still trying to figure out a clock option without cutting the dash. 

What options do you have on your trucks? 

• Like 1

I looked at having a tach/ vacuum gauge made for my b3b from westac.....

i haven't ruled it out yet :)

i have the lighter, ash tray, rear view mirror and pass side visor 

For my b4 and HH I need the pass side visor and I would like the factory two speed rear controls for my HH (right now it is only a "high/low" knob)

I will eventually add a BW R 10 overdrive transmission, a quality dash fan, floor shifter for my three speed,  door lock on the driver door,  I have the mechanism, a custom canvas camper, i have it designed, new cab mounts, 2nd heater dedicated for defrosting, dash camcorder, manifold oven, andcwould like to design a means to lock down the hood wings. There is always some small item to add..

Edited by pflaming

1 hour ago, Brent B3B said:

I looked at having a tach/ vacuum gauge made for my b3b from westac.....

i haven't ruled it out yet :)

I'm using a Westac, works great. I went with a face like the old Sun style, max rpm 3500.

I would love to have a nice 802 radio and speaker even though we dont get any good AM stations anymore .... no english speaking music that I know of. Some news talk but mostly Mexican stations since I live about 30 miles as the crow flies from the US/Mexico border. However, I would still love to have one eventually. I do want to get a rear bumper for it. Eventually a tachometer would be really nice to have when I can afford it. 12v ones are easy to find but the 6v are pricey so that will have to wait.

John 

Edited by John Rogers

On 12/23/2017 at 5:55 PM, P15-D24 said:

I'm using a Westac, works great. I went with a face like the old Sun style, max rpm 3500.

Where did you mount it, Column, dash or other? 

Do you think a vacuum side would be helpful on the same gauge?

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, POPTOP said:

Webmaster I see you up graded to electric I have elect. wipers on my 49 b1b one of the transmission doesn work I was wondering if the one  on a vacuum  will work ?

Nope

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, JBNeal said:

I've seen the electric gas cap on eBay a few times...how does that work?

Little button on the dash, push it and the cap pops open. 

• Thanks 1

I have seen one accessory fender step (similar to the one Reg has) for sale, back in 2010, mounted on a bed side panel on an eBay auction... the seller would not remove the step, only wanted to sell the entire panel, fender + accessory and all out of Colorado, for an exorbitant amount imo considering the rust that was included...the seller put me in contact with the eventual buyer, who was willing to sell me the fender step for the amount he paid for the entire bed side panel, so I passed on that generous offer...I have not seen one for sale since...but one has popped up on here unused on an occasion :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Our trucks are a little different here in Oz. My Canadian built (but Australian assembled) 52 DeSoto 1/2 ton truck has the internal rear vision mirror, passenger side door mirror, steering wheel horn ring, electric wiper, 802 radio, & under-dash ash tray.

I pieced together my own set of 6v dual horns working from factory specifications... and I’m actually piecing together another 12v set for my 53 Dodge coupe truck at present (I have all of the parts but am yet to have them

painted).

I have another 802 radio which will be retro-fitted with all modern 12v components for the 53 coupe truck, and I will keep all of the old valve electrics for spares for my other fitted 6v (fully rebuilt) radio.

i have fitted a USA internal door latch mechanism (which I picked up from Mark at the BBQ in CA last year) to my 53 coupe truck so I now have external door locks on both doors.

i have changed out my 4.1 diff centre for a 3.54 for better highway cruising, but I am yet to install the other 3.54 in my 52 truck.

I brought home a good set of bumper guards last year also... but your USA bumper profile is dirrerent to ours here in Oz, so my mate Hank will get a nice gift when I am back in CA for the BBQ in 2020.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2018 at 5:29 AM, JBNeal said:

I have seen one accessory fender step (similar to the one Reg has) for sale, back in 2010, mounted on a bed side panel on an eBay auction... the seller would not remove the step, only wanted to sell the entire panel, fender + accessory and all out of Colorado, for an exorbitant amount imo considering the rust that was included...the seller put me in contact with the eventual buyer, who was willing to sell me the fender step for the amount he paid for the entire bed side panel, so I passed on that generous offer...I have not seen one for sale since...but one has popped up on here unused on an occasion :cool:

Oh yeah, forgot to add it to my list. Picked up a couple from Mitchells years ago. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use