Lurker coming out

Carsty

Hello All. Been perusing the site for a couple years, but haven't taken the time to make a post... I've enjoyed many of the posts and picked up/learned a bit (most of it sticks) about the old mopars (my first). Love the lines on these cars. The pic is the day we gave her a ride to her new home. Body is sound and the six purrs like a kitten!!IMG_1490.JPG.2726130ec9baf70fc9e5744aebd3789b.JPG

• Like 4

Young Ed - We're about 3 hours north of you in the Grand Rapids area.

Niel - The interior is not worthy of a photo. Front seat is down to the springs and is covered with somebody's grandmother's curtains. The carpet remnants came from her house, too. I think I've seen better homeless accommodations...

Plans are to keep the six, lose the green paint, new wheels/tires, wiring and interior. Brakes are all new. Still kicking around the tranny and rear. Will take photos as I go!

2 hours ago, Carsty said:

Niel - The interior is not worthy of a photo. Front seat is down to the springs and is covered with somebody's grandmother's curtains. The carpet remnants came from her house, too. I think I've seen better homeless accommodations...

Plans are to keep the six, lose the green paint, new wheels/tires, wiring and interior. Brakes are all new. Still kicking around the tranny and rear. Will take photos as I go!

This is the same color as my 46 (after I got down through two layers of other colors, one of which had been brushed on - thick).  I decided to put it back the original color,  even though I didn't care for it, either, not at first.  My personal advice would be to wait a while, and see if it doesn't grow on you.  Did for me, and I love that color now.  Don't know what I was thinking.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Carsty said:

Nice I know a fellow plymouth guy up in that area. I'll invite you to our MN subgroup on here. 

Paint looks quite nice surprised to hear it's going away. 

16 hours ago, Carsty said:

Pictures of your crappy interior please.........so we can oooh and aaaah when you make it beautiful!

14 hours ago, Frank Elder said:

Pictures of your crappy interior please.........so we can oooh and aaaah when you make it beautiful!

Yea, we like before and after pictures!

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2017 at 10:37 AM, Carsty said:

Plans are to keep the six, lose the green paint,

I like that color. Dress up the rims some and drive as is for a while, as stated above. Yet it's your car, maybe your wife can go Mary Kay and paint it pink! LOL 

IMG_2055.JPG

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have as much fun with your 48 as I'm having with mine.