1949 Plymouth super deluxe 4 doors

Hutch Gahin

5 minutes ago, Hutch Gahin said:

Looking for pictures of a 1949 Plymouth Chassis to rebuild mine. At the pictures you can see why...

IMG-20171222-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20171222-WA0009.jpg

What's wrong with the chassis in the top photo? Looks fine to me. I only see a little bit of surface rust.

There is a reprinted Mopar repair manual for 1946-1950 Plymouth cars (originally printed 1950) that has  frame specs  done with drawings of all mouthing points for motor and original transmission with measurements for frame straightening etc. of the 1946 thru 1950 per model/years.

Your fame appears to be cut up some for a different motor/transmission. Also the driver side rear end kick up of the frame looks to have been replaced and is flattened out.

I would post a picture or two of the mentioned frame pictures but my printer/scan machine decided it was tired and not working properly.

Pretty sure others on this forum have the same repair manual and can look to the frame section and copy to the forum.for you. :)

DJ

• Thanks 2

Attempting to post frame specs from repair manual I mentioned.

DJ

Seems that I can still do scans even though the printer to cop[y is not working on my printer, hope this can help some!

plymouth frame specs.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/27/2017 at 1:41 AM, DJ194950 said:

Attempting to post frame specs from repair manual I mentioned.

DJ

Seems that I can still do scans even though the printer to cop[y is not working on my printer, hope this can help some!

plymouth frame specs.jpg

Thanks DJ - just came back from X-mas holidays. Going to print it and checking on my car tomorrow. I ordered the manual, but have to wait for it coming from US to Cairo for a while I think... Greatings

Looks like you did a nice job. When are you going to start on the body?

25 minutes ago, Vin's 49 Plymouth said:

I have a 49 1st series and completely restored the frame. I will include some photos.

frame.jpg

IMG_20160828_1735465_rewind.jpg

49 rear axle done.jpg

Great work! Do you have a picture from the unrestored or restored frame from the front? Thanks

I had taken the body off the rotisserie in November or so. Here is another view from the side. Triple carbs and painted fire wall matching the 1948 Airwing grey.

engine in from side.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...