low oil pressure

POPTOP

cold has about 40lbs as soon as it warms up it drops to 0  lb  after maybe 2 miles ( live  fl. 80 degrees) Im going to try another gauge  any thoughts I was thing maybe the pressure relief spring might be broke  motor makes no noise  has a chevy rear so the rpms are very low when traveling 35 mph 

!cid_img_00061 truck.jpg

!cid_img_49071.jpg

Don't really know truck did not have a working gauage  when bought the truck have been working on the truck a couple years   I put a cheep oil gauge today driving around it was better than before cold was around 40 +hot was around 20+ around 30 35 mph hot idle was 5 hard to tell ( cheap gauge  starts at 25 lb )

If your oil pressure got below 15psi, you would definitely notice the engine rattles, just like my '28...:(

I think that an accurate oil pressure reading would tell you a lot.  If you have an indicated pressure of zero and the engine is not rattling (and keeps running) then you probably have a gauge problem.  The other possibility is a worn out engine which is likely the case but I don't think the zero reading is accurate without engine noise.

Mine runs the same but it seems the more I drive it the better it's getting, perhaps the oil passages are getting cleaned out. The pressure drops to 10 or 15 at idle now. I don't have any noise with the low pressure and think these motors are happy with what little oil they get. Original engine with 61k