Throttle, choke, head light knobs

Bobby198412

I do agree that there people who want NOS items and will pay dearly for them but for the kind of money that is being charged here, I would expect show quality which this item is not. I will be interested to see if this item sells at all  or at least at the asking price.

John R

I did not in any manner say I agree with the prices, just that I hope he gets them.  A wise buyer will easily walk away knowing a deal is coming down the pike to those with patience and a proactive nature to seek out pieces parts for his project.  But we have those that will not ever truly lift a hand to help themselves even in such a simple task as reading a specs sheet when they can instead just ask and have others do their bidding.  Fun is fun but often it depends on if of if not another person may be bored with time on his hand to reply to these folks.   I thought at one time these were being reproduced...maybe so and the old boxes are now worth a mint for marketing.....lol    Anyway....more and more things are becoming available as these old cars find the limelight.

There are a few more..for a lot less. One looks pretty bad but there is a lower dash for 65 or so with all the knobs still on it. That particular seller is pretty proud of what he has. Glad I'm not doing a nuts and bolts resto. Just collecting engine goodies is expensive enough.

I have a few cars that are very low production numbers, one just happens to have a 'rich' name affixed....parts are sometimes genuinely rare and expensive due the very limited supply and no reproduction (hopefully yet is the word here)  Some are just marked up due to the name association.   Like a set of original fog lights for 1300.00 thanks but can truly pass on stuff like that....son says I am crazy to have these cars but the heart wants what the heart wants...again, odds of parking next to one is slim in most any town..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

55 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I did not in any manner say I agree with the prices, just that I hope he gets them.  A wise buyer will easily walk away knowing a deal is coming down the pike to those with patience and a proactive nature to seek out pieces parts for his project.  But we have those that will not ever truly lift a hand to help themselves even in such a simple task as reading a specs sheet when they can instead just ask and have others do their bidding.  Fun is fun but often it depends on if of if not another person may be bored with time on his hand to reply to these folks.   I thought at one time these were being reproduced...maybe so and the old boxes are now worth a mint for marketing.....lol    Anyway....more and more things are becoming available as these old cars find the limelight.

Agreed.

John R

Maybe that headlight knob price includes personal delivery, fitment and another car with it........lol.............andyd 

• Like 1

Possible Reproduction of Dash Knobs

Two years ago, Tom Gagner (a fellow '41 Plymouth woodie owner) and I were frustrated that we had no source for woodie window knobs and pulls.  We looked at using 3D printing, but it was prohibitively expensive. I ran across a guy on the internet named Ed Schultz, owner of a business called Renovated Radios. He makes and sells antique radios and replacement radio knobs. Many are similar to our Mopar knobs, so we contacted him to see if he would try to cast our woodie knob and window pull. We sent him the best examples that we had. After a few tries, he got the color, brittleness and shape correct.

He now features them on his website. http://www.renovatedradios.com/productlist.php?category=116 for a very reasonable $13-17 each. You can now purchase them directly from Ed using Paypal or credit card. 

At the time, we thought that he might be interested in recreating the dash knobs, but we didn't followup.

I would suggest that someone take the lead and if he wants to take on casting some knobs, bundle an order for the Forum members. He said price was dependent on quantity, but it seems many Forum members need good replacement knobs, so the final price should be affordable.

His contact info is:

Ed Schutz
blacksmith@renovatedradios.com
(reproduction parts for antique radios)

i just bought some new repro knobs from vintage american parts co on ebay

his number is 516 233 7788 nice guy he re created the oem knobs.

i attached the pic he sent me

he said rt.PNG.1879ef5331730eedd8cf62a8ee8226ec.PNGthey were for a p15 48 plymouth but i needed something that looks similar to my 40 dodge.

Edited by jiffyjet1011

41 minutes ago, jiffyjet1011 said:

he said rt.PNG.1879ef5331730eedd8cf62a8ee8226ec.PNGthey were for a p15 48 plymouth but i needed something that looks similar to my 40 dodge.

Can you post the auction details? I can't seem to locate him.

Done a search of their store and seems the reproduction knobs looks identical to his NOS he’s sells

tel:516 233 7788 comes back to the company previously posted about.

Company Information

Organization
Vintage American Parts Corporation
Industry Nonclassifiable Establishments
Office Address
158 Allen Blvd Unit B
Farmingdale, New York 11735-5646

Contact Information

General Phone Number
Edited by Branded

On 12/21/2017 at 3:43 AM, Bobby198412 said:

I'm looking for these ivory knobs. Or maybe repros.  Need some help. Thanks 

Hey Bobby I have headlight knob that’s not the best that you can have if you like. Call me 503-318-9137. 

Edited by Douglas

On 12/31/2017 at 8:54 AM, jiffyjet1011 said:

Just a word on VAP. I have come across a number of items on eBay offered at a fair price only to see them in this guys store next day at 150-200% markup. He is overpriced and just shopping elsewhere and being patient will bring a much better bargain. One laughable example is his head bolt kit. Item #182624886377. 

Looks like number 8 bolts I can get at Lowe’s for about a buck apiece. 

Or water pumps w/gasket at over $200. I can get that at autozone for what? $60??

Just my impression but cruise his store and see for yourself. 

no worse than say, Eastwood, Griots Garage, Kanters to name a few....check their pricing...while maybe not as much as some folks, but he has the product, and some people would rather just pay and get it in, especially high end shops who pass this along to the customer as time is money to them, imagine them trying to find some owner who does not do his own work a price break, don't think so, so he supplies the rebuilder who in turn passes this cost plus another markup percentage to the lazy man...

now...how many just look, complain and not ever make the man a respectful offer???  I have found him to be very approachable...I sold him some NOS stuff, sure he marked it up, I could care less, I made my markup or else I would not have sold them....sometime the coin lands on it edge...I am not a glass half empty/half full kind of guy, I am one that is just happy to have a glass.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams