Edgy

Douglas

14 minutes ago, Douglas said:

Hello, anyone know if Edgy is still open?  Sent an email a couple of days ago. No reply. Thanks

If you are looking for a Edgy head,they are now sold by the Dodge Boys. AFAIK,Ed Edgy is no longer in business. My old computer took a dump and I am on a new computer and haven't finished updating my browser yet,so I can't give you their URL. They are the guys with the (almost) 200 MPH Fast Four Dodge roadster at Bonneville.

6 minutes ago, bones44 said:

Montana Dodge Boys will be the distributor for Edgy

http://www.montanadodgeboys.com/index.html

Thank you for the URL. Now I don't have to worry about using what remains of my mind to remember the name so I can bookmark it again.

Edited by knuckleharley

1 hour ago, knuckleharley said:

If you are looking for a Edgy head,they are now sold by the Dodge Boys. AFAIK,Ed Edgy is no longer in business. My old computer took a dump and I am on a new computer and haven't finished updating my browser yet,so I can't give you their URL. They are the guys with the (almost) 200 MPH Fast Four Dodge roadster at Bonneville.

Thanks knuckle 

1 minute ago, Mark D said:

Edgy is only grinding custom cams now.

Anyone try this? I mean I cant just walk into napa and buy a performance cam for my flathead 218.

Thought about sending one off to have it reground to a performance spec. And edgy comes to mind.

Any thoughts on this? Is it worth it, will they still idle ... not about going fast, just sounding good along the way.

7 minutes ago, Los_Control said:

Anyone try this? I mean I cant just walk into napa and buy a performance cam for my flathead 218.

Thought about sending one off to have it reground to a performance spec. And edgy comes to mind.

Any thoughts on this? Is it worth it, will they still idle ... not about going fast, just sounding good along the way.

I have had really good luck with reground to stock specs cams from Delta Cams  http://www.deltacam.com/ on the northern left coast,and I understand they will also do custom grinds to any specs you desire.

They also weld up,regrind,and heat treat tappets if you have an engine that tappets are  hard to find.

IIRC,all they do is cams and cranks,but they might do rods,also.

NOT trying to harm Edgy's operation,just offering an alternative for people that might be seeking a more "generic" grind,like one of the old Isky patterns.

• Like 2

I just installed a reground cam that I sent off to Earl Edgerton. I'm doing a complete rebuild on my 230.  He recommended 260 duration @ .410 lift.  It's a mild cam but really wakes the engine up. He also refaced my tappets. 

11 minutes ago, Branded said:

I just installed a reground cam that I sent off to Earl Edgerton. I'm doing a complete rebuild on my 230.  He recommended 260 duration @ .410 lift.  It's a mild cam but really wakes the engine up. He also refaced my tappets. 

How does it sound?

12 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

How does it sound?

Don't know yet, just started reassembling yesterday. Earl said it wouldn't be lumpy, which I don't want anyways. He said it will just give a little gift up and go. 

1 hour ago, Branded said:

Don't know yet, just started reassembling yesterday. Earl said it wouldn't be lumpy, which I don't want anyways. He said it will just give a little gift up and go. 

Most often they don't get "lumpy". You are thinking overhead valve V8.

The more aggressive a cam profile for these engines results in a higher RPM at idle.

Now those who want a 500 rpm dead silent idle and the moment the light turns green they want the monster to come alive well thats a compromised balance in spec.

Give George Asche a call he can grind you a cam and give full recommendations to your needs.

8 hours ago, Los_Control said:

Given your proximity to Vancouver BC, you might try Shadbolt Cams .  They have the necessary profiles and have been around a long time.

www.shadboltcams.com

Edited by dpollo
more information

Let me rephrase my comment. I asked Earl what he recommended. I said I was keeping the engine basically stock and that I didn't want anything lumpy or anything that would effect idle. Earl recommended 260 duration @ .410 lift.  .Earl said It's a mild cam but really wakes the engine up. He also refaced my tappets. 

Edited by Branded

12 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Looking more for a duel carb intake. I’ll get ahold of those Montana boys. 

12 hours ago, Douglas said:

Looking more for a duel carb intake. I’ll get ahold of those Montana boys. 

Get a hold of George Asche, he can not only make you an intake but has them for sale, as well rebuilt carbs, and great carb linkages. a 1 stop service, carbs and linkage when bought are set-up and balanced, drop install and away you go...

35 minutes ago, 55 Fargo Spitfire said:

Get a hold of George Asche, he can not only make you an intake but has them for sale, as well rebuilt carbs, and great carb linkages. a 1 stop service, carbs and linkage when bought are set-up and balanced, drop install and away you go...

Is a duel two barrel set up available from him?  I just need to call. Thanks for the help. 

14 minutes ago, Douglas said:

Is a duel two barrel set up available from him?  I just need to call. Thanks for the help. 

If 2bbls is what you're after, I would recommend Langdon's dual Carter Weber setup.  In fact I would recommend them over the ancient Carter B&B's...

19 minutes ago, moose said:

This was an Edgy grind.  The 400jr, --274 duration and .405 lift.  I loved the sound and performance. 

Moose,wasn't the 400jr a Isky 3/4 grind profile?

I know I remember seeing the 400 Jr grind advertised in every HRM and R&C magazine I bought as a kid back in the 50's.