Motor Mounts

belvedere666

Can anyone show me how these pieces are supposed to fit together in my crossmember? I can’t seem to find anything in other threads or on the Internet in general. It appears that my old top mounts have a piece of metal attached to them. I can’t tell if it’s a washer that I need to separate from the rubber. to use on the new ones or  if it was just the style of the mount that was used. 

The ones on the left are the new ones upper and lower. The ones on the right are the old ones upper and lower.

B279AD6D-9C2C-47CA-9ECD-94450003ECFE.jpeg

On my 50 4 dr. Ply. it was a Bit-ch to get the rear motor mounts  replaced due the height of the new top rubber mounts. Finally ended  up jacking the tranny up as high as I could, separated the washer attached to  tubing by putting them in a vice and driving out with a punch the tube portions. Then I squeezed the top (tall) rubber between the bell housing mount and the support, drove the washer portion with punches and centered it all after forcing the replacement-new bolts in. Removed the steel portion washers from the old lower rubbers and installed on the  new lowers . Installed lowers with rubbers from the bottom side for the support and torqued down to repair manual specs. They DO NOT get run down tight! Remember some about a washer going Under the left side between the support and bolt and nut? Maybe it was between the rubber mount and the support cross-member? I believe than this correct?

Too long ago on that part of the repair (refer to manual) but never forget the install fight!

Have fun?

DJ

40 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

On my 50 4 dr. Ply. it was a Bit-ch to get the rear motor mounts  replaced due the height of the new top rubber mounts. Finally ended  up jacking the tranny up as high as I could, separated the washer attached to  tubing by putting them in a vice and driving out with a punch the tube portions. Then I squeezed the top (tall) rubber between the bell housing mount and the support, drove the washer portion with punches and centered it all after forcing the replacement-new bolts in. Removed the steel portion washers from the old lower rubbers and installed on the  new lowers . Installed lowers with rubbers from the bottom side for the support and torqued down to repair manual specs. They DO NOT get run down tight! Remember some about a washer going Under the left side between the support and bolt and nut? Maybe it was between the rubber mount and the support cross-member? I believe than this correct?

Too long ago on that part of the repair (refer to manual) but never forget the install fight!

Have fun?

DJ

Took the motor out of ne car and. Droppped it into another. Both P20 cars.

the front mount is loose enough for me to set a jack under the bell housing and lift it enough to remove the old set of mounts without any trouble. Right now it’s sitting on one of the old sets of top mounts with a bolt running through it to keep it from slipping.

so I  have to remove the washer type metal piece from the old mounts?

The 3" washer is actually welded to the tube and is not supposed to be separate.

Motor Mounts Chrysler and Plymouth (5).JPG

Motor Mounts Chrysler and Plymouth.JPG

20 minutes ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

The 3" washer is actually welded to the tube and is not supposed to be separate.

Motor Mounts Chrysler and Plymouth (5).JPG

Motor Mounts Chrysler and Plymouth.JPG

These top mounts have metal washer type things in them and the new ones don’t. Does this metal part get removed and put onto the new mount?

94469E8C-4C5D-4DF8-BC35-210AA49C145B.png

The  tube washer assembly is pushed down and into the original factory type replacement upper rubber mounts.

Replacement offshore mounts might be made different. 

Another pic of an assembled mount in my vise....The factory way these tube washer assemblies are sized/made prevents over compression of the rear mounts and also helps prevent engine noise and vibration issues.

Too hard of rubber is a no no to on mounts.

Chrysler Big Rear Mounts (2).JPG

• Like 1