RAM changes

ggdad1951

51 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

the standard Ram continues the Dodge gunsight grille....Hellcat/Rebel/Raptor that fall into the sport truck sports a new look..have not been by the dealership to look them over...they are seriously overpriced....

They're a bargain.  Your just not thinking of all the safety, engineering and modern conveniences the new cars have. They're also saving the planet with lower emissions. 

Edited by Flatie46
Smartphone not so smart

On 12/15/2017 at 8:28 PM, Flatie46 said:

They're a bargain.  Your just not thinking of all the safety, engineering and modern conveniences the new cars have. They're also saving the planet with lower emissions. 

thank Cummins for that...our diesels put out cleaner air than they take in for the most part now.

To be honest my post was an attempt at sarcasm. In regards to the high prices. 60-80k for a truck is ridiculous. 

They do get tremendous fuel mileage, engines last longer than ever but at the price they charge they better.

I know the car makers are saddled with expenses from all the GOV agency's. And they have to meet all the crash tests safety, etc. I guess I'm just too tight to pay that kind of money for something that doesn't come with a mail box and a welcome mat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

thank Cummins for that...our diesels put out cleaner air than they take in for the most part now.

What will I expect for mileage on my 2018 3500 dually that’s coming any day. Usually the clean air makes me sacrifice something. 

I only get 10.5 to 11.5 on my 2011.  That’s one reason I have so much respect for my dodge dealer in Shawano. Back in 2011 I went to 2 dodge dealerships and 2 Chevy dealerships (sorry). All told me I would get17 plus for mileage.  The Shawano dealership said the sticker may say that but I am telling you that won’t happen. Since then I have bought 3 new trucks and my son is also waiting for number three to show up.  I respect there honesty and that works both ways because the family hires my business to do most of there work on there homes. 

I never thought of asking what kind of mileage I should expect on the new one. 

13 hours ago, Todd B said:

What will I expect for mileage on my 2018 3500 dually that’s coming any day. Usually the clean air makes me sacrifice something. 

pretty much what Merle said the DEF costs some money.  I don't know what kind of mileage you'll get, but I know it will be better than what you'd get from a comparable sized gas engine.  Mileage depends on so much more than just the engine.

• Like 1