1951 T&C Wagon stuff

Greg51T&CWagon

I've just acquired a '51 WIndsor T&C Station wagon and am staring at it wondering where to start. I thought i'd begin by getting any avail. patch panels I need. I'm not very adept at fabricating them when bends etc are involved. Can someone with a 51 Windsor 4 door please measure their rocker panel length? I'm hoping it's the same as my wagon. 71" from front (the seam aligns with the door leading edge.) to back. (basically the opening of the rear fender.)

Thanks

Greg

Edited by Greg51T&CWagon

Greg51.............WOW!!!...........I don't think I've ever seen a pic of one of these let alone a rear pic and my 1st comment was shite!!......look at this!!!...........I am VERY impressed with the rear design...........and that bumper bar, WOW!...........seriously tho' we here in Oz never got any genuine Chryslers, apart from a few fully imported 48 Windors sedans after WW2 only Plymouth, Dodge & DeSoto 4dr sedans allbased on the shorter Plymouth chassis and Oz only utes from 1951 to 1956 so a wagon is something I like to see pics of but I've only seen pics of the Plymouth Suburbans as far as I can recollect, that rear end treatment is amazing and what a great looking car...........even the reversing lights would be almost big enough to be used as headlights on lesser cars........lol............anyway many thanks for posting the pics, feel free to post more.........lol........oh' and welcome aboard the forum.these guys know their stuff..............BTW I just looked in my John Lee Standard Catalog of Chrysler and there is only one wheelbase measurement given for 1951 Windsor, Windsor DeLuxe and Saratoga, 125.5 inches and it doesn't differentiate between sedans and wagons so I don't know if this helps at all.........regards, Andy Douglas 

Edited by Andydodge
more info

Thanks Douglas. When I first saw this and was considering it that evening I went to bed, next to the bed is a little stack of reading material. An old 1951 January Mechanics Illustrated or something like that was on top. I picked it up and thumbed through and wouldn't you know, but there was a humorous review of the new Chrysler T&C wagon. Well that sealed it. And yes, the wheel base has me hopeful. 

Did you buy that from "Joe"  ?

He was on the AACA site as he bought it a couple years ago and recently sold it.

Greg51........don't suppose you have any more pics especially a full side on shot and is that rear bumper an original?.............regards, Andyd

Andy,  No more pics at the moment. I don't know if it's original but it is the correct bumper. It's a bit exaggerated by the wide angle shot btw. 

To answer my own question, according to my amateurish reading of the parts book, the inner and outer sill panels are the same as on a 4 dr sedan. So I'm in luck. Should be a relatively simple job to graft 'em on, he said naively.

On 12/16/2017 at 6:42 AM, Greg51T&CWagon said:

Andy,  No more pics at the moment. I don't know if it's original but it is the correct bumper. It's a bit exaggerated by the wide angle shot btw. 

To answer my own question, according to my amateurish reading of the parts book, the inner and outer sill panels are the same as on a 4 dr sedan. So I'm in luck. Should be a relatively simple job to graft 'em on, he said naively.

That's the original correct  bumper for sure.

1951-52 Chrysler bumpers six and eight all models look the same except Imperial and Crown Imperial.

17899396931_f79b0e9c8a_b.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 1