Overcenter Spring Adjust Tool.

Trucker Tim

Hey Crew.

I've read about, and downloaded the file on the over center spring tool. Can someone tell me the exact length of the tool overall. And how far apart are the holes spaced?? Maybe I'm overlooking some info but I want to fabricate one of these tools and would like it to be really "purdy". (would be nice if it worked as well) I have been sent a couple of nice pictures but strive for max efficiency. Measure twice, cut once? As always, thanks in advance. I love this site.  

Been looking on the "net" hoping to find one and no such beast.

overcentertool C-705.jpg

The download template includes a ruler so you can get the scale correct. When you print the template just make sure the ruler scale is the same as a physical ruler. If not adjust you print scale function to make it bigger or smaller to fit correctly. 

Same OC spring tool for all 1946 to 48 cars. Also used o eight cylinder Chryslers too.

1949-52 uses a different OC spring tool.

Hey Crew!

I found the download in the download section under tools. After P15-D24 Webmaster informed me about the ruler I finally made my template to the proper scale. Sometimes I'm a bit slow on the uptake. I couldn't figure out why the ruler was sideways to the drawing. Now I've got it down. Bingster, if I can figure it out you'll have no problem! :)

Hey Bingster. It took me a while to find my way around. It also took some help from a few Folks to set me on the right path when I tried printing it out!

I see your from Iowa! Kool, me too.

Most of the salvage yards in southeast Iowa are gone. "Toxic waste sites" ordered cleaned out by the EPA. Hurrah for "big brother". NOT.

The few that are remaining are more late model cars and their prices are nuts. Just as well by dealer parts. 

We have a few small car shows and a few cruise nights but nothing to really get too excited about. Not much press or notifications on anything around here.