OE Wheel bolt pattern

Kckfly001

Maybe a flatbed tow would be worth its price. When you get it home you can decide what you want to do ..... just saying, for the price of original lug bolts, might pay for a serious portion of new disk brakes?

You may want to keep it original and that is fine, You may want to upgrade or run across a parts vehicle. Simple tow truck could save you a full day of headaches. Just saying, if you have wheels and lug bolts, will the drums turn?

48 minutes ago, Kckfly001 said:

Thank you Keven!!!

This is a 1/2 ton so I assume that would be the 5 - 4-1/2? 

Ya, the left hand thread item is a whole other issue. I am in the Minneapolis/St Paul area and I can not find those lug bolts anywhere. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Hand-Thread-Wheel-Hub-Bolts-for-1935-1954-Chrysler-Desoto-6-Cylinder-Cars/182639240855?fits=Make%3AChrysler&hash=item2a8625a697:g:c0QAAOSwuAVWz3d6&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PACK-Dorman-610-018-Wheel-Lug-Studs-Front-or-Rear/321791566026?epid=1517862376&hash=item4aec45a0ca:g:LdoAAOSwiYlZ-K9H:sc:USPSPriority!98682!US!-1&vxp=mtr

Thanks Los, I have thought about the flat tow but the truck is about 160 miles From where I am.  I will be converting it to disc brakes so not worried about the drums. The drums turn on 2 of the 4 wheels. I was going to get a winch and just pull it up on my car trailer but not sure if I have clearance  to do that and not take half the earth around it. But the way this is going that may be exactly what I end up doing! 

I was thinking Tow trucks have those dollies that they could lift the truck up on and then roll it on to the flatbed.

I was wondering if anything like those dollies would be available at a rental place? then use your trailer.

Or other ideas to slide a temp utility trailer axle under it and strap it down to get it on the trailer?

10 hours ago, Kckfly001 said:

Thank you Keven!!!

This is a 1/2 ton so I assume that would be the 5 - 4-1/2? 

Ya, the left hand thread item is a whole other issue. I am in the Minneapolis/St Paul area and I can not find those lug bolts anywhere. 

Come visit...

If the lug bolts are the same as for passenger cars, then the right hand thread version is Chrysler part 386984 which crosses to Dorman 610-018 and/or NAPA BK6411554. For the left hand thread version the original Chrysler number 856981 should match up with NAPA TWD WA2592.

I keep my cross reference data at http://www.ply33.com/Parts/numeric (don't let that "numeric" in the link fool you, you can search by name, part type codes or part number) with the stuff for lug bolts at http://www.ply33.com/Parts/group22#22-05-14

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

If I recall correctly, a bolt's length is correct if 1 1/2 threads extend past the nut. Or in this case, threaded portion of the drum. Not sure if a 3/4 inch long bolt would be long enough and am pretty sure 1.5 inch would be too long. Pretty easy to mount the wheel on the drum with the drum off the vehicle to check. I would error on the long size and be prepared to cut it too length if there is a clearance problem.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TodFitch said:

If I recall correctly, a bolt's length is correct if 1 1/2 threads extend past the nut. Or in this case, threaded portion of the drum. Not sure if a 3/4 inch long bolt would be long enough and am pretty sure 1.5 inch would be too long. Pretty easy to mount the wheel on the drum with the drum off the vehicle to check. I would error on the long size and be prepared to cut it too length if there is a clearance problem.

I'd say a MINIMUM of 2 threads...I normally like to see 3

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Finally got back around to working on this, and was able to locate more replacement parts:

Lug Bolt, Left:  Mopar 856981

Lug Bolt, Right:  Mopar 393984

The lug bolts I have on my trucks are the 1.5" long variety...my guess is that the longer lug bolt for trucks is used because the truck hub flanges are thicker than passenger car hubs, but I do not have enough information to verify...I'll  add this information to the parts manual post that I've been working on :cool:

Edited by JBNeal
revised link

I am in Wisconsin near Madison. I have 5 of each side lug bolts and 4 5 x 4.5 rims with tires mounted I could loan you if you want them and it is worth it to you to ship / return. Not sure which way you are going 160 miles in.