52 P23 drive line fluids

porters

I am going to replace theP20 218 that is in my 48 club coupe. I don't know what fluids are in the P20. I also don't know what fluids are in the replacement engine, a 52 P23218 with a 3 speed and overdrive. What motor oil, transmission fluid, overdrive and rear end fluid should I put in the 52 P23.The P23 has about 65000 miles on .   Thanks  for any help you can give me. Mike

you going to need a service manual for your car if you intend to upkeep the vehicle yourself.  There is a lubrication section that gives the specifications on lube including type and timely intervals.

Engine oil, did the PO specify what diet the engine is on at time of transfer.  (most important question to ask) stock is non detergent, rarely used today...but still out there so do ask.

Transmission and OD uses a GL1 gear lube, find it at NAPA for approx. 15.00 a gallon

Rear axle, GL5 hypoid lube

Steering Gear....GL1

Edited by Plymouthy Adams