master cylinder question

bergy

1953 b4 half ton, still struggling with master cylinder. I put on rusty hope  disc brakes on front, tried the jeep cherokee cylinder didn't work wrong angle. got cj jeep master too fat hits starter. so checked summit wilwood . con fused too many choices. read the forum about Toyotas, good idea wrong truck. what does everyone else use for my same set up ? disc front jeep rear drums // thanks in advance,,

I also used a 98 Cherokee MC, I fabricated a mount so it is behind the OEM MC, and extended the push rod, it works great. I mounted the proportion ing valve next to the new MC which was a delicate install to get those short lines in stalled.  That valve does not how in these pictures, it's below the steering post. I did that on my back, from under the truck

IMG_5904.JPG

IMG_5902.JPG

Edited by pflaming

This guy is stealing my patent...LOL...I'm gonna claim to be #1 with the Cherokee MC...I've gotta have some kinda rep here..LOL

I think it's the best fit myself, I looked at a lot at the wrecking yard before I decided on it...removed it and it measured up pretty well.

• Haha 1

4Mula, I tried to recall where I found this application, so now I may know. TKS! Am I now no longer a thief?  I need to get a photo from the bottom, here are a couple  from the top,  partially showing the proportioning valve. It fits nice beside the MC but is difficult to install. Seems the space will not allow the two, the MC and the valve, to install together.

IMG_1961.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

LOL....I have taken so much stufffrom other guys on here, I would be in the same category...so I don't fault anyone for ideas here Pflam

This was my original post on it I think, but I messed up the year I took the part off...I had one from a 90 and it was too big to fit, but I think I fixed that later in the discussion.  Hopefully the pics help out and what I had to do