Wix 51080 in 218 Flathead 6

FlashBuddy

Does this look right? I pulled out the old sock filter (was pretty tight) and replaced it with the recommended equivalert WIX. Notice how short, only about 1/2 way up the can. Plus the included seal is a tad oversize - ended up putting in my original seal.

2017-12-10 10.59.15.jpg

2017-12-10 10.58.43.jpg

The Wix/Napa 51011 Sock filter is currently off shore made and is almost impossible to fit

Some canisters.

The Baldwin JC405 Sock filter is a better fit.

The 51080 can be used but was never designed to be used in Sock type canisters.

Tom

• Like 1

It's pretty clear by the perforated dome under the cover that your filter is made for the sock type. The 1080/51080 is NOT the correct filter element for that canister. From what I can see it looks the same as my Deluxe filter. On the cover you may see stampings that state to use a JC filter element. This crosses to the 51011/1011, or the Baldwin JC405. And I will concurs with TGP that the Baldwin filters fit much better into the canisters. The Wix/Napa elements are a bit oversize and VERY difficult to get down into the canisters.