gasket oil pressure relief valve

bluefoxamazone

image.png.a401fab0a486daf5973e49eca1159c2a.png

hi, would the thickness of this ring be of big importance? I am having trouble finding the exact gasket. I am thinking of using a brass washer for this. Would this work or will it disturb the oil pressure value?

any advice is highly appreciated.

thanks

Franky

The thickness might make a very slight difference.  I do not think I would use a gasket as thick as a pan plug washer.

As I recall it is just a composite paper gasket.  A brass ring would be fine.

• Like 1

I actually had rhe same issue and used a brass sealing ring with seal as my paper one fell apart. I put a washer behind the spring inside the nut as its hollow and to compensate the use of a thicker seal. It worked fine. No issues i believe. However i have lower oil pressure and thought this was a possible cause. So i made a gasket and put back to normal... No difference in oil pressure. 

In short i dont think it cause much issue. I think if you put a thicker seal like the washer and did not put somethibg behibd the spring to compensate for the thicker seal. The oil flowing through the filter will need less oil pressure to move as the spring wont have as much pressure pushing on the plunger

This gasket is included in the Fel-Pro overhaul gasket set. It's a heavy composite material, thickness measures .030". If you can't find something that will work, I'll put one in an envelope and mail it to you.

I ordered a replacement spring from Bernbaum and it came with an aluminum gasket similar to what I use for my Honda engine oil and transmission oil changes. I haven't installed it yet and can get a thickness for you if you like. 

Edited by thebeebe5