1947 Chrysler Windsor garage find finished

Uberchin

• 2 months later...

Uber............wow thats nice!!!!............a real credit to both the previous owner and more importantly yourself for bringing it back from the edge........a beautiful car...thanks, andyd

I like the vinegar and EvapoRust idea.  I am a little confused with the order of the bottles vs. the order of the procedure. I'm assuming the far right bottle is before, the EvapoRust is red and the vinegar is last. So you first fill the radiator with vinegar, fire up the engine and run it through the system, drain and then repeat with EvapoRust?  Probably not, so fill me in.

Beautiful job on the C38 Chrysler.:)

Have worked on and owned many of those 1946-48 six and eight cylinder cars.

6 hours ago, Bingster said:

I like the vinegar and EvapoRust idea.  I am a little confused with the order of the bottles vs. the order of the procedure. I'm assuming the far right bottle is before, the EvapoRust is red and the vinegar is last. So you first fill the radiator with vinegar, fire up the engine and run it through the system, drain and then repeat with EvapoRust?  Probably not, so fill me in.

The one on the left was when I first drained the radiator, the middle one was trying to use just vinegar  (which I found to be pretty useless), and the one on the right was after letting the EvapoRust sit in it for 48hrs. I was astounded by how must crud the EvapoRust removed.They also make a purely radiator treatment that I saw later on the shelves at Walmart but I haven't tried that one yet.