Moore's Auto Salvage

plymouthcranbrook

2 hours ago, 40plyguy said:

Keep us updated on that. I stopped there many years ago while going through Rapid City SD on the way to Seattle. They had a lot of 30's, 40's and 50's Mopars in addition to later ones. I've often wondered if they still are in business as well.

I was there in 2000 I think for the Plymouth national. Maybe it was 2001. Was a great place to walk around! 

What part of WI are you in?

10 hours ago, pflaming said:

Sorry, I'm not interested in Moore Auto, my $700 door purchase was incorrect, no adjustments offered.  We had a long discussion to no avail. 

Wasn't it just the window that was incorrect?

19 hours ago, pflaming said:

Sorry, I'm not interested in Moore Auto, my $700 door purchase was incorrect, no adjustments offered.  We had a long discussion to no avail. 

I ordered a couple of things several years ago with no issues.  I need a new trunk handle for my 1952 Plymouth and the only one so far found is on Flea Bay for $50.00

1 hour ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

I ordered a couple of things several years ago with no issues.  I need a new trunk handle for my 1952 Plymouth and the only one so far found is on Flea Bay for $50.00

$50.00  is a good deal for a NOS trunk handle for a 1950-52 Plymouth! They are hard to find .................

Especially if it's a Mopar handle and not a Regal replacement.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

$50.00  is a good deal for a NOS trunk handle for a 1950-52 Plymouth! They are hard to find .................

Especially if it's a Mopar handle and not a Regal replacement.

Don't know,  have to ask.  Thanks for the input.

In 1996 up through 2007 I purchased a ton or more of parts from Russ at Moores in Rapid City. In 2007 I purchased a '49 Olds 88 2dr from them. In the late fall of 2007 Russ let me park my large RV within their facility, locking us in for the night, it was like spending the night in a candy store. When morning came I had a large pile of Mopar and Olds parts stacked up next to my RV, I asked Russ how much I owned him, paid the price, loaded up and headed for Montana.

I think it has been over a year since I have tried to contact Moores for parts. I do know that they got rid of all of their GM cars and parts, they traded them to a guy for all of his Mopar stuff. I also know that the majority of the '30/40 DCPD parts they had were getting pretty thin, having been picked through many times. Wm

• Like 1

I called Moores Auto Salvage in Rapid City this morning.. Talked to Russ, they are alive and well. Russ did say that they have been having some problems filling orders in a timely manner. Russ told me they are working very hard to try and resolve the time lag in getting parts pulled, packaged and shipped. Wm

On 12/11/2017 at 9:09 PM, blucarsdn said:

I called Moores Auto Salvage in Rapid City this morning.. Talked to Russ, they are alive and well. Russ did say that they have been having some problems filling orders in a timely manner. Russ told me they are working very hard to try and resolve the time lag in getting parts pulled, packaged and shipped. Wm

Well thank you for that. I hadn't found time to call as yet. Did he say anything about the website being down or N/A?  I will call later and see if they  have the part I need.  I am sure it is plenty cold in South Dakota which might explain the delay in fetching parts

Edited by plymouthcranbrook

I left a message for them today.  We will see what happens next. The recording mentioned using the website for orders so maybe the problem I found was temporary. I do know that several years ago I tried to do a website order and after a week cailed  them. The guy who answered said" yeah I remember you sent an e-mail" That taught me to call.

While I have no first-hand knowledge with Moore’s in South Dakota, from what I’ve heard (here, and elsewhere), they leave something to be desired. The experience of Pflaming’s something I’ve heard more than once, as is those of Dartgame, and Plymouthcranbrook. If it’s not the correct part, most reputable companies will accept the return (with the purchaser paying for the return shipping, and perhaps a 5-10% “restocking” fee). If an ordered part is missing, most reputable companies will re-send it to the purchaser, or refund the part’s price to the purchaser. And, if the company doesn’t/can’t/won’t check their online system for orders, how can one expect them to be “on top” of other routine aspects of their business??? After having read all of the comments herein, I’ll do without something before I’ll deal with Moore’s. I’ve learned a valuable lesson here, but I’m sorry it was at you gentlemen’s expense. Best regards to you all . . .

I stopped in at Moores while on a motorcycle trip thru Rapid City a few years ago. The guy was a real jerk and rather insulting. I didn't hang around long because of his attitude. 

I believe in the old saying, "if you can't say something nice about someone, say nothing"..

Several years ago I went into a business that I had dealt with for many years. The lady at the counter must of been having a bad day, my conversation with her started out very bad and very quickly went all astray. I excused my self and exited the business saying not another word.

I went outside and sat in my car for a few minutes, then I walked back into the business, the lady was still standing behind the counter, walking up to her I said, "my name is Bill, I would like to inquire about some closet doors". The lady looked at me like I was a nut case, then she started to laugh.. She got the drift of what I had done, defusing a bad situation. We continued to conduct our business and I left, pleased that all had went well.. :)  

I had a very nice phone conversation with Russ, the owner of Moores on Dec. 11..  As always Russ was very friendly and informative. Russ did tell me that their web site was very out of date and that they were in the process of having a new one built. Russ asked me for a pix of my '39 Plymouth Conv Cpe, which I would not have been able to restore without "Moores" help, Russ would like to include a pix of my '39 in their new web page. Wm.

Edited by blucarsdn
added info