1946-1948 Chrysler Plastic Dash parts repros?

ebruns1

Hello Again Fellas,

Does anyone have a source for replacement plastic glove box lids and the side dash trim pieces?  I would think there is a somewhat strong demand for these as almost every car I looked at to buy has mangled, cracked or missing plastic dashboard trim. 

If not, there's got to be an enterprising young Chrysler owner out there that has access and training on those new 3D printers who could scan in one of these parts and then crank out repros!  Maybe there's even a service that will do it for me, I just haven't looked into it yet.  I know one of my coworkers here is big into HO trains and that hobby has many parts and custom items you can buy that are 3D printed.

What other option do I have for the glove box door?  What have you guys done?

The same issue with replacement gas tanks for the 1937-1939 Mopar cars. They make poly tanks for the cars but no one is reproing the steel gas tanks. You would think that there would be a market since the tanks are allthe same size for 1937, 1938 and 1939 Chrysler, desoto, Dodge and Plymouth.  There isa guy in the south that is making SS tanks for the 39 but they are not original and are made for street rods. Tied to convince him to make and original and people would pay to have a SS tank.

This vendor lists on ebay under 39 Plymouth gas tanks.

Rich Hartung

The only reproduction plastic trim for these cars that I ever saw was for a company that restored the 40's era Town and Country cars. I did a search but could not come up with it again but I imagine they are still out there.

My car was from Arizona so none of the dash survived. The plastic trim in my car had been replaced with padded vinyl. 

Call Dennis Bickford in New Mexico... he sells T&C repro parts and more....

• 8 months later...