What Dodge Brothers Truck is This

FlashBuddy

7 minutes ago, FlashBuddy said:

Poor bastards. Can't imagine going through life and never owning a truck. Still, this one bears their name plate. Nice photo with the HDR effect. I wonder if the highlights were natural or added in post.

that photo looks highly edited for "flash"

• Haha 1

It should be 1933-35.  They had better presses for the 36.  I have a 36 Dodge D2, and a 38 Dodge humpback panel truck.  Their corners aren't as squared off.  I'll cross my fingers on this info.  It is much bigger than the 1/2 ton's so as has been replied in the above statements 1 to 1-1/2 ton.  That's a NICE truck.

• 1 month later...

I believe this is a 1935, as the 33-34 models had "suicide" doors (door latch at front).  I once owned the 1/2 version of this truck; was a good little truck with steel bed, wire wheels (spare in front fender), and original hydraulic brakes. 

23 hours ago, Ralph Pearce said:

I believe this is a 1935, as the 33-34 models had "suicide" doors (door latch at front).  I once owned the 1/2 version of this truck; was a good little truck with steel bed, wire wheels (spare in front fender), and original hydraulic brakes. 

Looks like a second series 1935 model.  The first series '35 also had the suicide doors, like the earlier years.

Edited by Elwood