Does a 47 Club Coupe and a Business Coupe have the same size trunk lid?

ebruns1

Fellas,

My current club coupe project has the typical rusted out bottom edge of the trunk lid where the they were welded along the bottom seam.  Could be repaired but I know someone selling a business coupe trunk lid in a little better shape than mine.  I was wondering if they used the same size trunk lid for both?  I'm about 3 hours away and I don't want to drive there unless I know it will be a perfect fit.  I did buy the 1940-1948 Mopar body and sheet metal guide but I can't seem to confim if they are both the same or not.  I'm sure some of you experts would know off the top of your heads.  I've never even seen a business coupe in person!

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

The Business Coupe and Club Coupe DO NOT share the same deck lids!

On '46-'48 D-24s (which your Chrysler body from the firewall back is dimensionally the same), the Business Coupe, the Club Coupe, and the Convertible Coupe all have unique lids. All Sedans (4-Dr., Town, 2-Dr., 7-Passenger & Limousine) share the same luggage compartment lid.

Walt