Jump to content
48Dodger

11th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ, in Clements California

Recommended Posts

Plenty of space for you next year Todd.... and the years after that, don't sweat it brother!!! Oh.... little late on that Intel....wondered why I was feeling funny yet satisfied....!!!! SAY CHEESE! :D

 

48D

 

 

Edited by 48Dodger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo glad to be here..... "sunny and 75" :)

got to say, unloaded the truck.... turned my back..... and these two guys hopped in and drove off! 

IMG_0366.JPG.a5e49798f7eff675e5141f7cf7afc3b0.JPG

(Pass= 48dodger, driver= ggdad1951)  

sure hope they come back soon..... :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drove some 300+ miles today enroute to the BBQ. First I drove back roads through the foothills to the west of home to San Juan Baptista to possibly pick up a VW Thing frame. I bought it but determined it was too large a load for my truck. That was about 140 miles. Then from there to Tims was another 160 miles. That was a much lager day than I had imagined. The lad pics are of the road through the hills, the church near Hollister, CA, the view from the hill where the frame is. I arrived at Tims around 8:30, 12 hours after leaving home. 

IMG_2727.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well....if it is any consolation, there is a remote brat burn going on in Elko complete with potato salad and BBQ'd beans.....you folks enjoy, I know I will...and while I am not wrenching on an old Mopar, I am making some progress in the shop on another car.  So while not there, am in the spirit of your outing.

 

jsharp.gif

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an awesome time!!!! Good weather, good friends, good food and GREAT vehicles 

Sadly, going back home to the rain tomorrow.... oh well at least I have a sun burn :lol:

Here is a little "wish you were here" pose to all who couldn't make it this time from myself, Mark, Tim, John T. and Jeremiah's arm...

IMG_0381.JPG.d3ebd7e796b948cfb535de90ac007f16.JPG

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the looks of things, had I been there the photographer would have had to switch from a wide-angle lens to a panoramic lens :lol:.  Genetics, father time, good food and old Mopars seem to be having the same effect on the majority of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

ok, who is going to assign the names to go with all these faces.........

 

I did a very quick count by twos just before the group broke up. I stoped a 56, so very possibly 70 + attendees. Names with faces?  God! Since He can number the stars, He should be capable. 

 

Quick pictoral of my week end: barn back road drive, San Juan Baptista = 150 miles; Clements BBQ = add 150 miles; home, night scene, = add 145 miles.  Great weak end! 

IMG_2748.JPG

Edited by pflaming
Added photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone at the picnic for such a great day.  I had a wonderful day, and met so many nice people.  I enjoyed the BBQ a great deal, an amazing amount of wonderful food.  Thanks for all the help unloading and loading Dolly.  I will post more pictures, but first I have to reduce thier size and will do that tomorrow.  Dolly and I left Bishop at 3:15 AM and got home at 8:30 PM, it was a grand day.  Dolly loves her trophy!

1D13767D-7FF4-465E-A625-83D6106C7A0E.jpeg

419C7585-38E5-4377-BA8D-A7BD931DE3C0.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was great to see DollyDodge at the bbq. It was inspiring to see the meticulous effort used in preserving such a beautiful old truck (and just a couple more payments befor it’s his). I hope he will make the effort to make the trip again. If not, maybe a trip to Bishop and a night at the hotel Winnedumah in Independence.

C6A4FBD8-949D-4479-8B1C-E0F725F11D31.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is so nice to see all the trucks together, I love going to a car show here in my home town......There will be six or seven 50’s Chevy/Fords.......but I am always the only Dodge around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 10:51 PM, pflaming said:

I drove some 300+ miles today enroute to the BBQ. First I drove back roads through the foothills to the west of home to San Juan Baptista to possibly pick up a VW Thing frame. I bought it but determined it was too large a load for my truck. That was about 140 miles. Then from there to Tims was another 160 miles. That was a much lager day than I had imagined. The lad pics are of the road through the hills, the church near Hollister, CA, the view from the hill where the frame is. I arrived at Tims around 8:30, 12 hours after leaving home. 

IMG_2727.JPG

It looks like you drove right by my place here in Hollister Paul!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another excellent day picked by Tim...don’t know how ya do it buddy! You and Steph did another great job along with the team of buds that get you set up every year! ...and I finally got an award after six years! I feel so privileged and would like to thank the academy! Ha! I got more stuff I can leave layin around up there if you want!...thanks again for babysitting ol Red for me....actually, this could get me motivated to get the ol Flathead back to life and drive ol Blue up to #12.... guess we’ll see! Hope y’all Enjoyed the brisket as well! Maybe next year it will be some smoked pork...great job all around and Thanks again! Will be looking for more pics!

Edited by Bluzhog53
Add pic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok here is my last post on the "Q" this year (no promises :D)

 

I think 48D got a little bored after the BBQ was over a gave a few of us a ride in his truck...... he would probably still be driving if he hadn't ran out of gas. LOL

 

sure was fun, then he gave GGdad1951 a ride

 

 

thanks again 48D and bride! you sure know to make everyone feel welcome and at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bluzhog53 said:

Another excellent day picked by Tim...don’t know how ya do it buddy! You and Steph did another great job along with the team of buds that get you set up every year! ...and I finally got an award after six years! I feel so privileged and would like to thank the academy! Ha! I got more stuff I can leave layin around up there if you want!...thanks again for babysitting ol Red for me....actually, this could get me motivated to get the ol Flathead back to life and drive ol Blue up to #12.... guess we’ll see! Hope y’all Enjoyed the brisket as well! Maybe next year it will be some smoked pork...great job all around and Thanks again! Will be looking for more pics!

ish I knew why my 2.6 pic won't load....grrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 9:10 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

ok, who is going to assign the names to go with all these faces.........

 

Maybe the photographer:  

2018 BBQ Group Photo Photographer.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 9:49 AM, pflaming said:

 

I did a very quick count by twos just before the group broke up. I stoped a 56, so very possibly 70 + attendees. Names with faces?  God! Since He can number the stars, He should be capable. 

 

Quick pictoral of my week end: barn back road drive, San Juan Baptista = 150 miles; Clements BBQ = add 150 miles; home, night scene, = add 145 miles.  Great weak end! 

IMG_2748.JPG

Uh oh...is that a tow truck in the "night scene" photo? 

 

Looks like you were on highway 25 on the way to Hollister... Looks familiar to me, especially the one lane portion. That's a beautiful drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×