11th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ, in Clements California

48Dodger

Some of my favorites....

Ted's '36 pickup from La Honda, CA (right...a '36?)

Mark's very nice '50 Plymouth sedan.

And DD's dash with restored gauges and custom tach. 

IMG_7615.jpg

IMG_7649.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

Edited by John-T-53
  • Like 3

Yes John, I drove the Panoche Creek road through the hills from Mendota to San Juan Baptista, which includes Holister. I drove that decades ago, it is a beautiful, interesting road. I love back roads, so much more to see. Thenpic shows driving through a gap and headed into a beautiful valley, fun.

And yes, that is a tow truck in the bottom scene, I needed some assistance the last 40 miles of my 360 mile road trip. AAA provided the ride. Problem, electrical, will fix it off course. I drove the truck nearly every day for the past six weeks to shake down any problems, yet . . . .

IMG_2702.JPG

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

I love Tim and Steph's PUG....I mean COE. 

AND...glad to see last year's evidence made the journey with "Brendt" and Julie. Ooops, I mean Brent. 

IMG_7642.jpg

question is if they made it home!  LOL

• Haha 1

lots of good times and fun was had.  The green truck was fully deserving of best in show...so many cool addons...giving me crazy ideas!

Trip home was interesting...the 4 hours later than I planned and lots of waiting wasn't fun, neither was the 14" of fresh new snow at home...or the wife having influenza...just hoping I can stay healthy!

I'll try and get some pics up as well tonight.

ggdad, I agree, lots of great ideas. Some things I noticed: fresh air heater assembly on a truck, two springs on the carburetor accelerator lever, the one to the inner fender to assure return to idle, bottle opener on the side of the bed, vacuum hose and gauge from manifold to dash gauge.

But driving long distance with a standard three speed impressed upon me that an overdrive has THREE benefits. First in third and over a quieter ride , SECOND better gas mileage, but to me 2nd and over is a perfect split on a long incline. My truck will definitely get an overdrive. 

The BBQ is more than an event, it's a HAPPENING. I will return! 

TKS TO TIM, STEPH, AND OTHERS who pitched in and make it happen! 

Edited by pflaming

3 hours ago, B1B Keven said:

Looks like a good time was had by all!!!

More info on the blue C series please!!!

It is owned by a gentleman from Linden - "Bosker" Guadagnolo. It has a V8 with hemispherical combustion chambers.

I heard that he also has a '56 300 and another vehicle which I can't remember.

Edited by John-T-53

1 hour ago, John-T-53 said:

It is owned by a gentleman from Linden - "Bosker" Guadagnolo. It has a V8 with hemispherical combustion chambers.

I heard that he also has a '56 300 and another vehicle which I can't remember.

The hood emblem on that beautiful C series truck says it came with a flat 6 originally. John, do you mean it has a hemi engine or a semi-hemi ?  Any photos of the engine?

4 hours ago, B1B Keven said:

Looks like a good time was had by all!!!

More info on the blue C series please!!!

LOL, I knew that would get your attention! I thought the whole time............. "too bad Keven isn't here......." :)

c_series.JPG.f0ef56995e81870e5b0c3fa68bec2fe7.JPG

sorry Reg, I thought I took a photo of the engine but I can't find where I did. I am sure someone else did.

he told me it also had the "truck- o- matic" in it  originally........

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brent B3B said:

LOL, I knew that would get your attention! I thought the whole time............. "too bad Keven isn't here......." :)

c_series.JPG.f0ef56995e81870e5b0c3fa68bec2fe7.JPG

sorry Reg, I thought I took a photo of the engine but I can't find where I did. I am sure someone else did.

he told me it also had the "truck- o- matic" in it  originally........

I think the steering wheel is from a '46-'48 Chrysler. Nice truck!

You have to respect a man who rolls in wearing his cover-alls and drinks the champagne of beers (old school long neck) . Mr. Bosker is a scholar and a gentleman.... and the owner of a beautiful truck

44364F11-A4FF-486B-8571-D48075BC55C1.jpeg

Edited by tom'sB2B
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, tom'sB2B said:

You have to respect a man who rolls in wearing his cover-alls and drinks the champagne of beers (old school long neck) . Mr. Bosker is a scholar and a gentleman.... and the owner of a beautiful truck

I only got to talk to him a short while, but he's got stories. One of those guys that knows a lot but says so little. Respect.

• Like 2

A summation of tha BBQ. For me it is more than a truck show, its a reunion with friends. Friends from Oregon,Washington, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Australia, Lodi greater area, San Jose, LA, and more. 

I take my truck for the first timers, they want in on the history, I look for ways to improve my truck and thoroughly enjoy the first time trucks however all the aforementioned reasons still stand down to the reunion with friends. 

To all, do have a safe and healthy year.

• Like 3

Is anyone going to post pics of the awards for this bbq? I didn’t get a couple I wanted including mine and Ted’s (’36 Dodge)I need to prove to my wife I won it and didn’t make it in Tim’s garage or steal it....lol....thanks!

Kevin

On 4/16/2018 at 10:51 PM, pflaming said:

Yes John, I drove the Panoche Creek road through the hills from Mendota to San Juan Baptista, which includes Holister. I drove that decades ago, it is a beautiful, interesting road. I love back roads, so much more to see. Thenpic shows driving through a gap and headed into a beautiful valley, fun.

And yes, that is a tow truck in the bottom scene, I needed some assistance the last 40 miles of my 360 mile road trip. AAA provided the ride. Problem, electrical, will fix it off course. I drove the truck nearly every day for the past six weeks to shake down any problems, yet . . . .

IMG_2702.JPG

You’re a brave guy to drive way back there Paul. I know that road well on my motorcycle....back behind my house in the hills of Hollister!

Back road shots. I drove that road years ago. I would only drive it in spring or fall or early summer morning. It's an easy drive only slow and a bit rough in places, but it is paved the entire way. I plan on a day on that road with lots of stops to really look at the canyons, etc.,  then I want to visit Pinnacles National Park. 

IMG_2809.JPG

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Bluzhog53 said:

Is anyone going to post pics of the awards for this bbq? I didn’t get a couple I wanted including mine and Ted’s (’36 Dodge)I need to prove to my wife I won it and didn’t make it in Tim’s garage or steal it....lol....thanks!

Kevin

Sorry - meant to post the link to all the pictures. Awards are in there somewhere ...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DPhSRnQl7RfYJsFUtgq8L9v_S0zIXywo?usp=sharing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1