11th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ, in Clements California

48Dodger

On 3/30/2018 at 5:57 AM, Merle Coggins said:

I can't find a picture of mine. I'm sure I have one somewhere. I got a "Wish You Were Here" one year, and a "Long Distance Traveled" another year. And now that I think about them, they may still be in a box after my move a couple years ago. I'm going to have to dig them out and get them back on display.

edit: 

Found the pic from the old house...

641866E5-6FD3-4468-B598-25CCBC6C2327_zps

Hey, I see George Carlin, Dave Barry, and John Jerome....good reading material!

• Like 1

Dolly Dodge has plans to attend.  Still working on getting a trailer for her.  UHaul won't rent one to me for her.  I have one lined out that friend said I can use.  I will have to go over and back in a day, but at least she will make one of the BBQs. 

• Like 6

With my lift safety check, and  my successful mountain road test behind me, today I felt worthy to attach the forum indents. I put one in the window to remind me of the membership privilege and the one on the tailgate a bit askew beside the recycle icon to remind those who follow that I recycle and that perfection is not a prerequisite to this hobby, but active participation is! 

IMG_2639.JPG

• Like 3

Can't wait to see The Phoenix mobile again, and to finally see Dolly up close!

ITS LESS THEN A WEEK AWAY!!!! WHOHOO!!!!

I've been fighting the weather...the grass is frickin TALL...lol

I'm hoping Friday that JohnT can give it one last go over before Saturday.

The Ranch is what it is after all this glorious rain, and I only apologize if you hate beautiful green grass....

Oh, and Brent is gonna freak when he sees how much grass is growing in the sidewalk cracks.....better sharpen my screwdrivers....:D

Its a bit of crazy that hits this place just before the big day, this year is no different.....I hope everyone likes trucks, cuz they gonna be some trucks.

We all like cars, there's gonna be some of those too, old ones. Oh, and thars gonna be some COE's stopping by too.....so lock down your sled, cuz one of those

haulers might just take your rig fer a ride.....lol. 

Time to mow.....I can hear the grass growing from here!

48D   

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Tim, don't worry about the ranch environment tidiness. If you did nothing to the yard, and had us park our vehicles in the pasture across the fence, we would still come. The even is about the people and the stories about their vehicles.

For example, the elderly gentleman from Washington who drove his stock '47 1.5 ton truck the full distance, seems he passed on the next year, and the fantastic old totally restored 'late '30's trucks with the 500 hp engines build by a "salty" dog truck driver, and Brets trucks from Oregon, or the young man who drove nonstop from Wisconsin, and of course our mate from down under, and "Tom, and Dick, and Harry! And finally Hillary mentioned that she lost because she DIDN'T attend! So not to worry, we are coming! 

IMG_2652.JPG

• Like 1

we might be back on track!...... the new trailer is supposed to be finished tomorrow night and we leave Thursday..... (nothing like cutting it close.... hope the welds are cool by then)

side note= I caught Julie packing this weekend...... sure hope she can wait and ride down there with me :lol: 

• Haha 1

Some of the crew are  flying in TOMORROW NIGHT....this Q just got REAL!!!

Been fighting through this rain, cool weather, wind without help of extra hands! My kids grew up and are living their own lives...

My Bay Area son, Zac will be manning the burger truck again this year with his long time buddies Frankie and Justin. But my

youngest daughter moved to Arizona, following her College Graduation.....she found a great job and plans to come home for

visit, AFTER the BBQ.....sigh. My oldest lives 4 miles away (has the grand kids) but is so busy with her own family life, I can

only sneak my butt in there as a babysitter once in a while...lol. Me and Steph do a pretty darn good job.

The weather: It's a gonna be 75 degrees, a few clouds and a bunch of old trucks......its a gonna be a nice!

So I'm getting old and tired I guess, so trust me......I can't wait to see y' all and get this party STARTED! :D

Tim aka 48Dodger

• Like 3

Ggdad: we are fueling up our trucks! I have GPS dialed in, I'm  ready to roll!  "On the Road Again, Can't Wait Toget On the Road Again" !!! 

Update: I'm loaded up and ready to roll. Will drive to San Juan Baptista to pick up my dune buggy frame, then turn north to Tims. Each drive is about 2 1/2 hours. I've got some must see stops along the way so should be fun.

IMG_2694.JPG

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

Travelers are rolling in!

Mark for Minnesota....

Jereimah from Minnesota....

Sarah from Minnesota.....

So it's safe to say "Minnesota is in the hooooouse!!!"

Road warriors from the north and south are fighting their way to the epicenter of the Valley of the West Coast....not much longer, it will be a grand feast  of burgers and dogs.....

Oh, and don't forget the trucks and cars.....they'll be there too...lol.

Tim aka 48Dodger

• Like 2

Just now, DollyDodge said:

....It will take us about 5 hours.  I will round trip it on Sat.

Round trip it??? Stay the night...we have a room for ya....!

48D

After missing a couple of years I am looking forward to returning this year. Today I gassed up my 1950 Plymouth, checked the tire pressure and oil level. Saturday morning I will drive up from Fresno with a grin upon my face.

• Like 3

Have fun guys, sorry I had to cancel at the last minute.  We wrapped up two of three projects so I actually am glad I stayed home.  Although we have 12” of snow coming over the weekend which sucks.  

Enjoy the cheese.  10 year cheddar is my favorite but don’t eat to much. You won’t poop for a week.  

• Haha 2