11th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ, in Clements California

48Dodger

On 3/19/2018 at 10:02 AM, Brent B3B said:

LOL, that look was not from driving the truck....... she is not a fan of having her photo taken, let alone being recorded. :)

side note, our hopes of bringing the truck are diminishing fast..... last year I borrow my neighbors trailer, for this year, I asked him back in November if I could use it again. He recently loaned it out (in January) and he doesn't know when it will be back.

sigh,

well, that won't happen again.... time to get my own (have a bigger trip in mind for next year) 

I used to be fairly active in a different car club and i had a great time with them over the years, but the car was the first reason why i became active with them. The people and friends i made over the years was the real reason i kept going back.

I am very grateful for everything tim does and all the great people ive met because of this BBQ. You dont need to bring a truck to enjoy someones company and have a conversation. If its more economical to drive a modern ecobox this year, nobody is going to judge you for doing so. my $.02

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2018 at 8:02 AM, Brent B3B said:

LOL, that look was not from driving the truck....... she is not a fan of having her photo taken, let alone being recorded. :)

side note, our hopes of bringing the truck are diminishing fast..... last year I borrow my neighbors trailer, for this year, I asked him back in November if I could use it again. He recently loaned it out (in January) and he doesn't know when it will be back.

sigh,

well, that won't happen again.... time to get my own (have a bigger trip in mind for next year) 

But...but....you have a flag:(

• Haha 1

BUSTING A HUMP brother!!! Dang this weather has been brutal (as far a getting a BBQ together) but THANK GOD for the rain!!!!

This California drought has got to be over now. I've hardly had a weekend to get any serious work done in the landscaping dept, but as always....

WHO CARES?!? Its the people. Again, its the people....not the trucks. I love your truck Brent, buts its your friendship. I love your crazy creations

Mark, but its your friendship, I've never seen your truck Merle, but its your friendship, I may never see your trucks Davin, but its your friendship.....

the list goes on...Don Coatney, Keven, Bud, Jeremiah, all you long distant travelers......all y'all.....Todd is next on that list and maybe there will be a

last minute traveler...I don't know...but won't that be frickin awesome! All the bay area guys, the regulars, my family too.......and I bet no one really cares

or notices if the lawn is mowed, lol....everyone will be checking out the trucks.  Its getting close.

*whew*

Time to light up the B1BQ brother!

48D      

• Like 1

The dang thing is getting CLOSE!

Thought it would be a good time to show off some trophies from the past.

Its not like most car show stuff where there is a lot politics, its just my way of saying thank you for stopping in and spending time with everyone.

If you got a trophy, share it and tell the story.....I plan on saving pictures and posting them at the BBQ so have some fun!

Don't be shy, put yourself in the picture if you can...you earned it for Pete's sake!!

The 2018 "Wish You Were Here" award will follow in a few days!!

48D

• Like 2

2016 we were given "longest distance" (on the front table next to the Coke can)

5abaef3d100fc_bnjbbq(1024x938)(2).jpg.941105f086c570586aceb92b66ec0da2.jpg

last year we were given a couple...... " tough trucker" for me and "best in progress" for Julie. I was very excited about both awards until we got home and Julie made sure hers was just a little bit higher on the shelf

award.jpg.214bf3e953b193e9b1ea159040759c29.jpg

1 year later and I think I am offended! :huh:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am proud to possess awards for the categories of 'longest distance travelled', 'wish you were here', and 'friend of the BBQ' from 2014 and 2017.

I live about 10,000 miles from the BBQ, so I guess that I make that decision easy for Tim when I do travel across the pond to the BBQ :D.

See y'all back there in 2020.

IMG_2933.JPG

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:36 PM, Brent B3B said:

2016 we were given "longest distance" (on the front table next to the Coke can)

5abaef3d100fc_bnjbbq(1024x938)(2).jpg.941105f086c570586aceb92b66ec0da2.jpg

last year we were given a couple...... " tough trucker" for me and "best in progress" for Julie. I was very excited about both awards until we got home and Julie made sure hers was just a little bit higher on the shelf

1 year later and I think I am offended! :huh:

Dude, you really ought to spring for a roof and windows.....you going to catch cold in that living room 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't find a picture of mine. I'm sure I have one somewhere. I got a "Wish You Were Here" one year, and a "Long Distance Traveled" another year. And now that I think about them, they may still be in a box after my move a couple years ago. I'm going to have to dig them out and get them back on display.

edit: 

Found the pic from the old house...

641866E5-6FD3-4468-B598-25CCBC6C2327_zps

Edited by Merle Coggins
  • Like 1

Jim Shepard and his 1950 B2B......2017 10th Annual Best Of Show.

48D

Jim and his 2017 BBQ Trophy.jpg

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 2

Just a heads up.

I told a customer to go to the BBQ. His name is Cordell and he's over in

the Napa valley. He's got a '59 Tucker Sno-Cat. Tucker used the running

gear and gauges from Dodge trucks.

He's also looking at a 2 ton '48-'50 truck near him to haul the Sno-Cat.

• Like 2

Well I guess we should have planned better.  We will be traveling in your neck of the woods for 10 days starting on the 21st of April.  Arriving SF then touring north to Yosemite area, then south down to Palm Desert at the end of the trip.  My brother wants to 4 wheel out to some GPS co ordinants in the dessert to take some pictures of the Milky Way through time lapse and a specially rented lens. As for me, I would rather sit by afire with a couple adult beverages.  Afraid we will be missing the world renowned tailgate party, are their any other semi cultural events going on in the region that might be on our must do,must see list?  

• Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 8:56 AM, greg g said:

..... As for me, I would rather sit by a fire with a couple adult beverages.  Afraid we will be missing the world renowned tailgate party.........

Sorry to hear it Greg......there will still be a few more BBQ's thanks to the help of many on this site.....and you're always

welcome to stop by, say hello, and check out the digs for next year!

48D

The rain (believe it or not!) has made the clean up process difficult...so I hope y'all love (lawn) grass...lol.
The BBQ is almost here.... as it always happens, a few forum names will come up....some asking questions like "wonder what he's like?"

"wonder if he'll come out next year?" or "wouldn't it be great if that guy was here, I'd like to talk with him".

It's what created the "Wish You Were Here Award".
An award that reminds everyone on the forum, no matter where you're at, you're invited!!

Past winners:

2008 Don Coatney
2009 Merle Coggins
2010 Hank aka HanksB3B
2011 Ed aka Young ED
2012 Bud aka Budstruck
2013 Tim Adams aka Plymouthy Adams
2014  Mark aka ggdad1951 and  Davin aka Desotodav
2015  Joe Hanely aka 52b3 Joe
2016  Dave aka Dave72dt
2017  Rob aka Dodge4ya

This year, its a guy who has every post logged, filed, tagged, or I'm sure, memorized! You can never be sure how many trucks he actually

has, because I believe he's like the rest of us and has enough pieces stashed away to actually build another truck. He's always willing to

offer a link to a well thought out post he made/read, or share new insight on a recent experience. Its always been the best part about the

trucksite, I think, people's abilities to share ideas, and he has been great about it! You can't help but notice when someone puts in an effort

like that and I hope he has many more posts to share in the long haul. So here's to you!

•  2018  JBNeal  •

Congratulations Sir!!! Look for your trophy in the mail my friend.

48D

• Like 7

I see my name on the list!                 OMG :eek:  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm leaving tomorrow  for my annual AZ sun at the pool vacation  and of course some excellent food and beverages... lotsa those golden cold beverages!!!.

In five month's I'll be retired and free to do what I want... so next year for sure... OK!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1