11th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ, in Clements California

48Dodger

On 23/01/2018 at 8:59 PM, 55 Fargo Spitfire said:

Well golly its possibly my lucky day, fellow Flathead owners.

Looks like I may be attending a work related conference in Sacramento the week of the "Big Bash at Tims", if be the case and looks like it is, will be attending the BBQ, but no the 55 Fargo won't be coming, 2100 miles might be a bit too far at this time..lookin forward to meetin  you folks

Hey all unfortunately will not be travelling to California for the Security Conference.

Budgetary constraints has put it on hold this fiscal year.

Maybe next year, disappointed but im sure you all will still be having a swell time without me......

Sorry to hear that........

You could start planning for next year. I believe Davin is planning on 2020.....that grantees a barn burner if he's coming!

lol.....or is that Dave Sr??? I forget.....all you guys are crazy! 

48D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 48Dodger said:

.all you guys are crazy! 

You are our "Padre", we didn't go nuts until we came to your BBQ.  That's where we got "infected"!!!

I'm ready to roll, heater works now, new rear tires, new battery, new muffler and repaired pipe, just one more thing, will put it on a lift and will do a complete inspection. My grandson is coming with me. I'm going to drive him through the delta and have late lunch in Locke. Then late Saturday drive to Groveland for night and home through Yosemite on Sunday. Join us, let's have  convoy to the park! 

Edited by pflaming
  • Haha 1

I cant say yes or no, but funny how things can work out.

Currently we are sitting in Texas waiting for our house to close so we can move in. Another 2 weeks?

Of course we want to spend a couple weeks in the new house, then we are on the road back to WA.

Wife said she wants to drive straight across the south through NM, AZ, NV, CA and then up to WA.

I think with just a small amount of effort/planning, we would be driving right through the area and stop to visit for a few hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clean-up day 3/10/2018........bring some water and an appetite for pizza!!

The bobcat will be here Friday (3/9) doing some of the heavy lifting, etc......so it will be mostly simple dusting off of the ranch for starters 10th.

Those of you who are used to helping on the Friday before, are still NEEDED!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone, ITS GETTING CLOSE!!!!

Tim aka 48Dodger 

Motel booked.... check, new tires..... check, have headlights and front turn signals (80% of the time LOL) check, working on the brake lights and rear turn signals. 

Extra carb, battery, dizzy.... check, check, check! I'm ready!

oh yeah, JULIE!! ..... CHECK!  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Clean up work this week-end......Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Its looking like rain Saturday, so If you don't care about the wet stuff, I'll still be

working away, cleaning up the mess from last year. So don't be afraid to stop by any of those three days....every little bit helps!!!

The final dusting off, followed by pizza and a night around the fire pit is....wait for it... Friday the 13th! Its on everyone to bring a

scary story and a camping buddy. I have dibs on Steph. :D

48D  

• Like 1

On 3/5/2018 at 12:25 PM, Brent B3B said:

Motel booked.... check, new tires..... check, have headlights and front turn signals (80% of the time LOL) check, working on the brake lights and rear turn signals. 

Extra carb, battery, dizzy.... check, check, check! I'm ready!

oh yeah, JULIE!! ..... CHECK!  :D

Wait, wait wait. What are you driving? :)

Edited by B1B Keven

tested the flag today, I think it will make from the motel in Lodi to the ranch :D  

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Got my vacation time approved......3 weeks.....why???? Cuz you crazy truck people wear me out!!!!

1 week  before the show and 2 weeks after to recover! I need it, I'm getting old, 54 years old! I was 43 when I started 

this incredible event with my incredible friends....now its my favorite time of the year!

This is the first time I'm taking this much time off work....what it means is I can spend quality time with all my buddies who

stay days before and after the event......I'm a lucky dude. Look forward to seeing you all again this year.

And a big shout out to my friend Davin, who hopefully makes it for the THIRD time from Oz in 2020.

You can thank him Brent....there will be a Lucky # 13teen....lol

Tim aka 48Dodger

• Like 2

OK.....Wha'd Julie say Brent!

You edited the video and cut out what she said:mellow:

She looked kinda scared!:o

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 48Dodger said:

And a big shout out to my friend Davin, who hopefully makes it for the THIRD time from Oz in 2020.

Tim aka 48Dodger

I really looking forward to being back in 2020 Tim. I would like to spend at least a few of days in your town next trip. I'm hoping to bring the wifey with me on that trip too. We're off to London for a white Christmas this year... and may concentrate on some local trips within Oz in 2019.

You guys have strange vacation times over there. It seems that one has to work for the same company for many years to get 4 weeks leave per year - 4 weeks is pretty much the normal here in Oz. I get 6 weeks vacation time each year because of all the night shifts which I am required to do. I reckon that 6 weeks is too long, but I seem to fill in much of my spare time nowadays with charity work!

I look forward to seeing many photos from this year's 'Q' and will look on with envy!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Desotodav said:

I really looking forward to being back in 2020 Tim. I would like to spend at least a few of days in your town next trip. I'm hoping to bring the wifey with me on that trip too. We're off to London for a white Christmas this year... and may concentrate on some local trips within Oz in 2019.

You guys have strange vacation times over there. It seems that one has to work for the same company for many years to get 4 weeks leave per year - 4 weeks is pretty much the normal here in Oz. I get 6 weeks vacation time each year because of all the night shifts which I am required to do. I reckon that 6 weeks is too long, but I seem to fill in much of my spare time nowadays with charity work!

I look forward to seeing many photos from this year's 'Q' and will look on with envy!!!

Here at Cummins its 10 years to get 4 weeks, ot being at a certain grade level (yah 1 lousy grade level above where I'm at now).  3 jobs ago I have 5 weeks, but that was after 15 years.  Us American's like to work it seems.

8 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

OK.....Wha'd Julie say Brent!

You edited the video and cut out what she said:mellow:

She looked kinda scared!:o

LOL, that look was not from driving the truck....... she is not a fan of having her photo taken, let alone being recorded. :)

side note, our hopes of bringing the truck are diminishing fast..... last year I borrow my neighbors trailer, for this year, I asked him back in November if I could use it again. He recently loaned it out (in January) and he doesn't know when it will be back.

sigh,

well, that won't happen again.... time to get my own (have a bigger trip in mind for next year) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

What's stopping y'all from just driving "it"? down here? Haha :cool:

remind me to give you a noogie when I see you :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1