11th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ, in Clements California

48Dodger

APRIL 14TH 2018

CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ in CLEMENTS, CALIFORNIA

Home of the largest meet up of Dodge Pilot-House Era Trucks

in the WHOLE WORLD!!! MARS AND JUPITER TOO!!!

We get invaded by Vintage Cars and Trucks from other makers,

BUT WE DON'T CARE! CUZ WE ARE COOL TRUCKERS AND DON'T MIND THE WIERDOS!

...at least I don't.....lol   :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!!! Woohoo!

Timothy A. Estrada aka 48Dodger 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see this continuing for another round! Count me in as usual, my truck is already in the 'hood.

I met a Volvo mechanic in San Mateo that is restoring a power wagon and he is already talking about coming (with wagon).

There are also supposedly a couple other hard core Mopar guys that will be coming from the local area out there...I think they live somewhere down Jack Tone....or maybe Linden....Will have to check with farmer Steve again.

• Like 2

I have been thinking about this for years. I now have plenty of time to plan my work around it. Count me in if you’ll have me. I don’t see me hauling the semi. Way to much fuel involved. 

• Like 3

Maybe Tim (aka 48 Dodger) can get a Go fund me set up for you?? :P

Bring extra fuel tanks in  the semi with a pump to fuel up. A bed i n the semi to cut hotel costs? ;)

By the way I am kidding!

DJ

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Todd B said:

I have been thinking about this for years. I now have plenty of time to plan my work around it. Count me in if you’ll have me. I don’t see me hauling the semi. Way to much fuel involved. 

Hope you can pull it off Todd, would be great to finally meet you!

48D

15 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

Glad to see this continuing for another round!......

Brent said I had to....

48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh, I'd like to make this; to see trucks and put faces to names. I'll have to convince the wife. We have a cabin in Tahoe that we haven't used in 15 years! Hey honey, don't you think we should make a trip out to the cabin this year? Then later at the cabin; "Hey honey, look what I found just down the road in Clements?!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FlashBuddy said:

Oh, I'd like to make this; to see trucks and put faces to names. I'll have to convince the wife. We have a cabin in Tahoe that we haven't used in 15 years! Hey honey, don't you think we should make a trip out to the cabin this year? Then later at the cabin; "Hey honey, look what I found just down the road in Clements?!"

OR.................hey honey, vacation in Clements this year..where you going?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know how to save you some fuel money. Run empty til you get to Colorado, where the REAL beer is made!

• Like 1

Gonna need help prepin' this year....anyone close who wants to help, PM me and wheel git'er done.

48D 

Edited by 48Dodger

....So I'm looking for weekend dates in Jan, Feb, and March.....I don't want to post actual dates until

I have an idea what people can do for the event. If you get a text from me and have already responded here...

I apologize ahead of time. Its kinda hard to keep track of who've spoken to...you know....cuz I'm old. B) 

48D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

NOW IS THE TIME!!!! January 2018 is a few days away!

Lose that winter weight by getting your truck road worthy, getting it running, and getting it tested for the trip to the BBQ!!!

NOW IS WHEN YOU START THE PLAN!!!

Find a friend with the cool wrenches that loves old trucks! Get the family in on the work! Make sandwiches for the road trip......well, freeze them I guess

if you make them now....GET CHIPS!!! You don't have to freeze those.....!!!

You keep sayin' you're gonna make it this year...GET ON IT BROTHER!! (or sister!) We'll be happy to see you!!!!

ITS TIME!!!! :D

48D 

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, John-T-53 said:

...And don't forget to bring a weed whacker (especially since the new law took effect yesterday) :cool:

what new "WACKY" law has CA passed now?

The new law supposedly legalizes recreational pot use.

But yeah, don't expect participants in the BBQ to be showing up stoned. Unless Tim wants to rebrand the event "11th annual tailgate smokeout"...I'm sure the DJ from Valley Springs will be high, regardless of any laws! B)

He may smoke only his self grown -I do not know, but I bet he only smokes the Low emissions  type!  No smog test needed!  :rolleyes:

DJ