Keep right?

DonaldSmith

When walking down the aisle of a store, or a church, or whatever, I keep to the right of someone approaching.   Of course, in the good ol' USA, we drive on the right side of the road. 

You chaps across the pond and in Oz,  you mates with the steering wheel on the right side of your cars, when someone is heading toward you in the aisle, which side do you go to?  

Inquiring miinds need to know.    

I can attest from observation both here in places like Disney locations and other similar venues and from bring on a cruise ship in the Med and going on walking tours, that people from Asian countries have no concept what so ever of pedestrian etiquette, personal space, the concept of merging for a que, walking on one side or the other, or any grasp of what might be considered a polite walkway right of way this seemed especially prevaliant on stairs and escalators.  No offense meant to our Asian friends, it is fact based one several observation situations in various venues from Busch Gardens to the Sisteen Chapel at the Vatican.  By the way, there were hundreds of Aussies on the ship and they seemed to favor walking  on the right where for traffic was two way.

Now can somebody explain where people thought it is a good idea to make a left hand turn with their right tire either on or to the right of the fog line on two lane roads!  Drives me nuts.  My father taught me, and I taught my daughter to get as close as safely possible to the center line in anticipation of a left turn. This in the event that you needed to yield to oncoming traffic, cars behind could proceed without stopping as you waited to turn. Now it seems people want to pull to the right shoulder to make a left turn completely blocking traffic till they turn.  Would thetI had a phaser in my grill ornament.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...