1947 Chrysler modern rim substitutions?

ebruns1

1 hour ago, 48hoopty said:

I have 15×5 wheel vintiques rally wheels.  2.5" backspace. The hubcap is fastened to an OEM rally wheel cap cut down and modified to hold it. I don't advise going that route for hubcap mounting but no issues with clearance or fitment and clears disc brakes. Rim also fits on ford 8.8 axle with discs and clears calipers. I ordered a set of U.S. wheel series 68 smoothies but they haven't arrived yet. 

Screenshot_20171204-101042.png

Screenshot_20171204-101652.jpg

15 X 5? You must be running some really skinny tires.  If/when I update,I will be looking for 6 or 6.5 rims to better fit 215 or 225 tires.

43 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

15 X 5? You must be running some really skinny tires.  If/when I update,I will be looking for 6 or 6.5 rims to better fit 215 or 225 tires.

The tires on there now at Mickey Thompson sportsman 2 size 26x7.10x15. 26" tall and somewhere around 7.25" wide. The tires I'm replacing them with are BFG silvertown 775x15. Those run about 5" tread 7.75" cross section.  These are about 29.5" tall. Also have a 4 1/8" white wall. Looked at radials but none as tall as I want nor with the wide white wall. The 29s fill the front wheel well opening better. Plan B for tires is the Goodyear super cushion 710x15. 1/2" shorter tire. But according to jegs my tires ship Dec 26. If I don't get them then I will order the Goodyear.

1 hour ago, 48hoopty said:

The tires on there now at Mickey Thompson sportsman 2 size 26x7.10x15. 26" tall and somewhere around 7.25" wide. The tires I'm replacing them with are BFG silvertown 775x15. Those run about 5" tread 7.75" cross section.  These are about 29.5" tall. Also have a 4 1/8" white wall. Looked at radials but none as tall as I want nor with the wide white wall. The 29s fill the front wheel well opening better. Plan B for tires is the Goodyear super cushion 710x15. 1/2" shorter tire. But according to jegs my tires ship Dec 26. If I don't get them then I will order the Goodyear.

Maybe consider giving Summit Racing a call before calling Goodyear. They never jerk anybody around,and offer free shipping on any purchase over 100 bucks.

I don't like the way nylon tires ride or handle,so I always buy radials. Going to pretty much be stuck with nylon tires when I re-tire my 31 Plymouth,though. Tempted to put 15 inch rims and radials on it,and save the spoked wheels and nylon tires for the next owner so he can put them back on if he wants.

4 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

True,but by the time you find and buy  them,pay someone to take off the old cars,sandblast them,and then paint them, it might have been cheaper to have gone ahead and bought new powder-coated ones you KNOW aren't bent to start with.

There is no question it would be quicker.

Yep, as cheap as some of the steel wheels are you would be better off in the long run to buy new ones. Not to mention you could skip some agravation.

3 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Maybe consider giving Summit Racing a call before calling Goodyear. They never jerk anybody around,and offer free shipping on any purchase over 100 bucks.

I don't like the way nylon tires ride or handle,so I always buy radials. Going to pretty much be stuck with nylon tires when I re-tire my 31 Plymouth,though. Tempted to put 15 inch rims and radials on it,and save the spoked wheels and nylon tires for the next owner so he can put them back on if he wants.

I was all set for summit but jegs price couldn't be beat. Plus summit was out till mid Jan for tires. To the are coming from mfr direct. I originally wanted to get the crager 69 series wheel but not available thru summit for some reason. They look identical to the US wheel. And cheaper by about 10 bucks. Saved 50 on set of 5. And the spider caps are 20 bucks a piece cheaper. Plus the tires were 199. So saved 28 per. Enough to buy a spare and rim almost for same money. I kinda wanted to keep my original hubcaps but lost 2 and a 3rd took off but I found it. Though it's beat to hell. 

Now it's time to find a shop to take some metal out of the A B and C pillars so I bump my head more than I already do.