Home Made Intake, Exhaust & Freshen-Up

Adam H P15 D30

I wish you guys would quit breaking into my shop and using my workbench for photos! Oh wait you mean all work benches look like this when being used? My buddy told me when we are down to our last 1/2in wrench its time to clean off the work bench. I was going to suggest you run a extra tube off the 4th hole in collector to confuse people , like a down draft tube, make it go to nowhere or connect them and say its a balance tube to eve out the "pulses" but saw you did a nice return short tube. VERY NICE WORK a true innovative hot rod BTW what is the maroon street rod in back ground looks like 35 ford or Plymouth.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the compliment.  Seems I like to wallow in a mess when I'm busy but then I do marathon garage cleanings.

The Maroon coupe is a 47 Ford 

The Orange sedan in the background of my earlier pictures is a 35 Ford Slant.

Adam

The 35:

1147409130_35Ford.JPG.6725116341b051b5ff33082242a9d1b6.JPG

The 47:

IMG_2631.jpg.a22a164b62d021bb1d92cda0baa11e28.jpg

Edited by Adam H P15 D30
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

a clean shop is the product of a sick mind or an uninspired craftsman.....apply as you see fit......

I'm a well adjusted artiste - who knew!!

• Like 2

On 8/28/2018 at 10:38 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

a clean shop is the product of a sick mind or an uninspired craftsman.....apply as you see fit......

On 8/28/2018 at 10:55 AM, RNR1957NYer said:

I'm a well adjusted artiste - who knew!!

I have a disaster of a desk at home, work, and my shop is a mess. Its time for a marathon cleaning in all locations...... I do try to tidy things up once a week, but  that has fallen to the wayside in recent history.

35 minutes ago, Adam H P15 D30 said:

New wheels and tires installed.  

IMG_2837.JPG.46e06cb623ea544581929b22103ad70c.JPG

IMG_2841.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG

I think I'm finished for now, time to add some miles to it....

Adam

Yup. I can't imagine not driving a car until it is finished.

Have my 51 Victoria in a friends professional resto shop now to fix the roof. The roof is the only part of the paint that was redone. Probably because it was black and the paint got thin from the sun. The idiot used paint remover and then painted the roof without washing and scrubbing it,or even priming it. The paint remover also cracked and destroyed some of the old caulking around the roof seam/rain gutters,and as a result rain water got in the cracks and had no place to go. My friend has already removed all the old caulking so I can see how bad it was,and is supposed to be soda blasting ,cutting out the rust,welding new steel in place,and painting it this week. Hopefully,he will use primer.

Damn shame because the rest of the car only has surface rust in a few places,but if your top has holes in it they MUST be fixed to keep water out of the car. If you don't fix rust holes there,you are wasting your time doing anything else to the car.

Since the roof was originally black,it is getting painted black again.

Soon as I get it back from him,I will be driving it again. Next step will be getting the toor panels and headliner redone. Already had the seats reupholstered.

48 minutes ago, Adam H P15 D30 said:

They are never "finished."  

That's been my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Update 

Its been a week now and I’ve put just over 200 miles on it. I live in a very hilly part of the Bay Area and I took it on a 20 minute drive up and down some steep, narrow roads. Temps were in the high 80’s and these were 1st gear roads but I wanted to test the cooling system and for any kind of vapor lock. I’m pleased to say it stayed between 175-185 and never missed a beat, the fan did run most of the time. I really appreciated the fluid drive doing this test, it worked perfectly. 

I stated earlier I was changing rear tires from 235/75/15 to 235/60/15 and loosing 3 inches in diameter to help compensate for the tall 3.0 rear gears. They look good in the fenders and fit perfectly with no rubbing, see earlier pictures. Thanks to Pflaming I now have a fast second that I might install this winter but it’s fine with the fluid drive second.  On the highway it cruises effortlessly at 70 taching about 2800 rpm. Climbs the 7% hills our freeways have at any speed between 55-75 in high gear without too much fuss. I really like the gears now!

I know in the back of my mind I should upgrade to a dual master cylinder but it stops so well with a very light pedal, I don’t want to mess with it. 

Things to do

I want to align it. Probably in the next week or three. No issues but I’ve never had it checked.  Steering is light and it tracks super well, one finger driving. 

Clean overspray from windshield. Somehow the clear oversprayed and stuck to the windshield. Probably when I had to respray the trunk. Found that when the sun was low. 

Maybe shock relocation

For now, keep driving. 

Adam

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone,

1500 mile update and I have to say all is well.  I have aligned it so I don't eat up my new tires and retorqued the intake/exhaust, it has been a hoot to drive.  I also cleaned up some over spray from the glass and polished the chrome as much as I could.  I have taken it to 2 local shows and it seems the Dodge crest on the hood and the intake gets the most attention.  My oldest comes home from college this weekend and I will loose my pick-up for a week so the Dodge is on deck...  Supposed to rain a few of those days but my wipers are up to the task it's just a car, right?

Picture from local car show #1.  It sure felt good to park next to the Ferraris and Lambos only to have to stand there all day and talk to people about the old Dodge.  One guy with a 6 digit Italian car asked me why am I getting all the attention?  I said "Not sure, it's just a POS old Dodge."  He left in a huff :)

2101970876_ArtandWine2018.JPG.be665ce4ed0606ce651f19f74c1ef1f1.JPG

Show #2

1870962550_ShrinersShow2018.jpg.e36fd0c97c67681717a9ae5b99795ab5.jpg

And with my youngest, she always asks to take "Lumpy"

794599450_Bsride.JPG.bd78c23229c4e658a1e539f269e25efe.JPG

• Like 2

Adam........the reason your car gets the attention and not the 6 figure Italian job is that your car has been HOTRODDED whilst the Italian job has just been CHEQUEBOOKED and the discerning car fan knows and appreciates the difference...........looks like your co-pilot also appreciates and enjoys the car..............and we here do so as well..........regards from Oz.........andyd