Exhaust(ed)

48hoopty

For the guys with dual exhaust.

I'm in the process of fabbing up a set of headers. And I've gotten to the part of pipe size and mufflers. As of now I'm running vintage 1948 pipe and muffler. It sounds like a hi performance sewing machine.

Looking for input on exhaust pipe size so I can build past the primary pipes. 2 or 2 1/2" and good sounding mufflers. As of now I'm set for 1 1/2" primary hot rolled .125" wall for primary tube into a v band collector. Since I'm fairly new to flat motors I'm open to suggestions. Good sound is what I'm looking for.

Intake is a 2 carb Fenton. Cam is stock grind. Might have a Fenton head on lock if we can agree on price. 

Thanks.

I used 1.75 primary tubes and 3" collectors on the ones I built. They will go into a single 2.25 exhaust through a Mustang GT muffler exiting in front of the right rear tire. Haven't started the car yet so I can't tell you how it sounds yet. SBC Headers and muffler I had. 

Edited by Adam H P15 D30

7 hours ago, Adam H P15 D30 said:

I used 1.75 primary tubes and 3" collectors on the ones I built. They will go into a single 2.25 exhaust through a Mustang GT muffler exiting in front of the right rear tire. Haven't started the car yet so I can't tell you how it sounds yet. SBC Headers and muffler I had. 

Hey Adam so is this exhaust a tru split then running into 1 muffler?

Is this good for more torque?

44 minutes ago, 55 Fargo Spitfire said:

Hey Adam so is this exhaust a tru split then running into 1 muffler?

Is this good for more torque?

Yes, I installed the new exhaust and muffler when I still had the OE manifold. 

I just finished fabbing the new intake and exhaust so I haven't run it yet, I'll follow up in a few weeks when I get back on it. Maybe I'll do a thread with some of the build pictures?

• Like 1