How do I remove these 2 bulbs?

Uberchin

Usually, for an old bulb,  you push down and turn counterclockwise, until the bulb separates from the base.  Then you remove the base with needle nose pliers.  But it's a burnt-out bulb anyway.  You might want to put bulb grease on the new bulb, so it will come out easily forty years from now. 

Be a good time to go through all the grounds, they are very important and a weak ground could cause a dim light. Positive ground electrical systems seem to complain loudly when has a weak ground.

I really would want to go through all grounds, battery to frame, engine to frame, heater and headlights, dash lights, remove all of them one at a time and clean with sandpaper, file, whatever tool works.

I think it would be time well spent for future electrical troubleshooting and basic reliability.

• Like 1

Uberchin,

Our ’46 Plymouth had a very small toggle switch on the bottom of the dash just to the right of the steering column. In one position, the dash lights were “bright” (relatively speaking . . .), and in the other position, the dash lights were “dim” (aka: almost off . . .). When I rewired the car using a Ron Francis Wire Works “Git It Runnin’” harness, I wasn’t able to readily locate a light switch that would fit where the original was, so I used the one provided in the harness, and relocated it in the small panel switch on the bottom of the dash in the center of the dash. Works just fine. I left the small toggle switch in place, just for aesthetics. Regards . . . .