Starting next project - 1967 Barracuda

Bobacuda

Got my new shop at the house (with a lift) built, air lines and electric installed, and I am almost finished building shelves and miscellaneous support stuff.  With that in place, we pulled our '67 Barracuda out of its garage (more like a barn) slot to move it to the new shop.  Formula S (original 273 blown up and replaced with plain Jane 318 before I bought it), automatic, PS, PB, no AC... and oh BTW, it's a convertible.  Not much rust and only missing a few hard to track down parts. 

We pressure washed the mud daubers and loose dirt off before towing it into the new shop.  Hope to start inventory and tear-down this coming weekend.

7.__Pressure_washed_prior_to_disassembly-_left.JPG

• Like 1

Since I plan on retiring first of February, I would say this is a retirement project :).  I bought this one at (wait for it), a garage sale about 15 yrs ago.  I went with my wife and spotted this in the  garage (did not and does not run).  I got the owner down to $2300, begged my wife for the check book and understanding, then had to line up a friend with a trailer to take it to my house.  Due to kids in school (HS then college, then getting them started in life...), I did not have the funds to do anything until now.  So, with the truck done, this one is next.

Edited by Bobacuda

They got better stuff at the yard sales in Texas!  Around here I pull up to the curb and peer out the window just hoping they have some "man's stuff".  Most of the time it's ole lady crap what not's, VHS tapes or  dishes.  Get lucky like one in ten, but still I'm a sucker for a yard sale.

Good luck with it, looks solid. I like all years of Barracuda.  I've got a model I built years ago of one that body style (hard top though ), It was a drag car campaigned by Judy Lilly.

Once in a great while  you will run across a yard sale with men's toys and man cave articles...guess that is why I frequent the swap meets such as I do.  Sometimes I will hit the flea market locally on a Saturday morning.  Our latest swap meet this month was so large I could not even see it all.  I sometimes  have a few minutes to wonder through the car corral but not this year and the corral was teeming with vehicles.  I did not even make it to project row, the cars sitting on trailers parked along the back fence.  I will walk past 100's of finished cars without a sideways glance to get to this area.

Nice car!! To repeat what Flatie46 said, nothing like that at yard sales around here. Then again, I don't go to yard sales. My wife did say she saw my old '53 Studebaker peeking out of a garage somewhere while she was out yard-saling but swears she doesn't remember where it was... Riiiggghht!!!!!!!! She knows I won't ask permission before draining the bank account. We can slug it out later! ;)

7 minutes ago, MackTheFinger said:

Nice car!! To repeat what Flatie46 said, nothing like that at yard sales around here. Then again, I don't go to yard sales. My wife did say she saw my old '53 Studebaker peeking out of a garage somewhere while she was out yard-saling but swears she doesn't remember where it was... Riiiggghht!!!!!!!! She knows I won't ask permission before draining the bank account. We can slug it out later! ;)

you know what the real deep lying problem is in this don't you...she actually knows you have a bank account......:eek:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

Sometimes forgiveness is easier to get than permission. Lol

• Like 1