P15 Front fender lowers

Busted_Knuckles

I finally got my sheet metal back from the media blaster and let's say it looked a wee bit better before than after. Typical of an old car sitting in the dirt the bottom of the front fender has some rot, not bad repairable but not as easy a fix as unbolting it and bolting on a replacement. The area in question is the front lower section of the front fender that bolts to the top half. My question for you guys , Is the basic curve and shape the same on a 49 as it is on a 48? I know the back is totally different but by all accounts the fronts like the same or mighty close. I am not concerned with any of the hole IE trim parking lights etc. as it's being built as a mid 50's custom and the front is getting a special custom treatment. So what do you guys say oh wise one's in the ways of the P15?5a1a3afa6e78b_s-l1600(21).jpg.03cff8c15cc3607b9a45e9c0df88012f.jpg

P15’s shared all sheet metal 1946 thru the first week of March 1949. Bodies changed totally when they retooled and started the p19’s. There is no common sheet metal with the p19’s.