New member, new car

jstacey337

Hey all! Just found this forum and thought it’d be a fantastic place to gain some knowledge and see some cool cars...

Just got my first old Mopar...a 1941 DeSoto S-8 2-door sedan. I’ve always loved the 1939-1942 Mopar stuff, and was like excited to snag this amazing project. Now that I’m home from college on breaks it’s a little easier to find the time to give it the love it needs. Looking forward to hearing from you guys! 

CE3E71A2-D327-408F-8ABE-72BEE520DDD8.jpeg

• Like 3

That's a great find. Welcome. I have a 1947 DeSoto S-11 which was the gussied up S-8 available right after the war.  As your typical guy who knows little about restoring cars but has had to cobble up info and parts as I go along, let me know if you have any parts source questions, etc. I give you what I have.

Great car, welcome to the forum! First step in getting it on the road will be to obtain both a shop manual and a Motors Repair Manual. Make sure they cover your year of car. Both are available on EBAY. Ask questions, many knowledgeable guys here.

Welcome to the group!  Great car you have there.  Wonder how many 41 2 door sedans there are left in the world.  Very few, I imagine.  Show us some close up pictures.

"Just found this forum and thought it’d be a fantastic place to gain some knowledge and see some cool cars..."

Welcome!  I am new to the group & these old flat 6 cars as well.  I think you will find the people here very helpful & knowledgable.  Get it drivable & keep it moving - things in motion tend to stay in motion & things in pieces tend to stay in pieces...  Can't post too many photos!  Enjoy the project!

11 hours ago, Ajgkirkwood said:

Welcome to the forum. Im fairly new aswell but these guys made me feel welcome :) i see your in ny. Im just over the border in fort erie ontario. I have a 1940 chrysler. Hopefully you get it on the road soon. We can meet up and go for a cruise

Oh nice! I have a friend from Buffalo right over the border there. I’ll definitely have it on the road by next summer to take out there!

4 hours ago, Flatie46 said:

Welcome to the forum, looks like you've scored a solid looking project there. What's your plans for it?

Currently just to get it running, driving, and stopping. Then freshen it up. It’s mostly original so I’d like to keep as much of it that way as possible.

• Like 1