Dash knob refinishing

Bryan

Started working o the knobs again. Only limiting factor on the knobs without lettering is the hollow sections. Got close.  220 grit, then 1000, then 2000 wet.

Before:  Someone left kid in car in the 60s and they found the cigarette lighter.

IMG_9162.JPG.23e0898449e762abeb47642a3078e335.JPG

After - normal light.

IMG_9165.JPG.aff9e346c9a78feb845ef1c93bd7b664.JPG

Hollow sections visible in bright light.

IMG_9166.JPG.7ab2b5d242a0f56e3160872cc5cced75.JPG

• Like 1

No one can say you are a man without patience.

I have always wondered at the mentality of a person who has so little to do that they take the heated end of a cigar lighter and purposely damage the cosmetics of an interior....again......WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE...?????????  I  also have been known to affix these knobs on a shaft and insert in a drill press for a quick and easy clean up...be surprised what a little attention to such details really makes in the overall looks...good job...there should be little to no light behind the knob when mounted so the thin skin may not be readily observed.

I'm assuming someone left their kid in the car alone before my father had the car.. God, I wouldn't even rumple the newspaper up before my father had it, to keep from getting whacked.  Wondering who would leave a pre 6 yr old in a car alone, but back in the 1960s everything went..

6 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

No one can say you are a man without patience.

:P Thanks..would be doing bigger stuff but been fighting a cold off and on for 2 weeks...and still don't have power or heat for my relatively new garage.  Need to overhaul brakes, new fuel line, overhaul engine, etc.