Proper rims for 50 pilot house

Boyne50Pilot

On 11/24/2017 at 2:59 PM, Boyne50Pilot said:

New to mopar, bought the wife a solid 50 Pilot House for B day, she wants stock rims and tires. Can anyone lead me

to the size, offset etc required so I know what to look for

There is an online parts manual at the top of the first page. Below is the link for wheels. That page has a wheel/tire chart. I am running 225/70R16 on the front and 265/70R16 on the back of my 50 B2D. Aftermarket wheels may be tricky. Good luck!

http://dodgepilothouseclub.org/know/ph_parts/b_22.pdf

I have passenger car wheels from a 50s Plymouth  on my 1/2 ton Fargo .  These  are 15 inch by 4 1/2 inch wide and accept a 205 R 15 tire.  They also have the clips to use the original  hub cap.  

Any set of wheels from almost any Chrysler product of this era will work but as you realize, some have different offsets  and the rim widths vary. All will work but they are best  if matched  as to rim width and offset.    Your  truck originally used a 16 x 4.5 wheel.  

• 4 weeks later...

Ha! Just purchased four 215 70 16 from Discount Tire at $60/tire. Includes mounting and balancing of course.

http://discountti.re/2CejWb7

The plan is to roll around on these while I perform ongoing maintenance; wiring, fix the heater, lights... AND Save up for a set of those wide white Cokers ☺️

I get the feeling that my current Atlas 6.00x16, three of 'em are 4 ply & one is 6 ply are 60 plus years old or therebouts:( - the small cracks in the sidewall are giving me some pause.

Tire.jpg