where is this heading

Plymouthy Adams

Seems daily every product that is purchased is marked by a warning not to consume digest handle the contents or the bag it is packaged in.  With all products world wide so marked....we all will have to be inside a plastic bubble...GIVEN the bubble is not also manufactured from materials harmful to our health....somewhere in the past few years seem humankind has lost the common sense gene entirely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, casper50 said:

We are heading towards the government protecting everyone from everything all the time.  Whether you wish it or not.

Except for.....protecting YOU from THEM...

Which is part of the plan.

6 hours ago, Young Ed said:

My toaster oven had a clock in it just like a microwave. However the safety instructions told you not to leave it plugged in when not in use.....

You read the safety instructions??  Who does that??????

Alas, every single warning label out there is there for a reason - because at least one moron ate the silica packet.  C'mon, you'uns all know someone, or of someone, who would eat that packet if it weren't for the label.  And yet, despite all those labels and warnings we roll our eyes about, people still kill or severely injure themselves on a regular basis doing what the label or the government warnings said not to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casper50 said:

Dan that's called evolution.  The stupid are suppose to die off before breeding.  Unfortunately we are no longer evolving we are devolving.  The shallow end of the gene pool is fast becoming overcrowed.

overcrowded..............OR............stagnant and scum covered

We bought new kitchen appliances lately, they said it would void the warranties if I hooked them up as about 50% of their returns/issues are from improper installation. They also said you can't reuse the 220 volt plug/cable from your old oven, new ovens don't come with one.... 

2 hours ago, plyroadking said:

We bought new kitchen appliances lately, they said it would void the warranties if I hooked them up as about 50% of their returns/issues are from improper installation. They also said you can't reuse the 220 volt plug/cable from your old oven, new ovens don't come with one.... 

while the ground and return are the same potential and return is not needed in 220..but if a single leg of the 220 is used to power a 110 circuit like many electronic appliances today, there is a bonified common return and a bonified ground for the chassis of the applicance.....they still connect to the same bar in the breaker box...failure to make this connection on appliances that float the return could lead to product damage..or being in-op in some functions..

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Wife recently purchase a "take out" pizza from a national chain that now offers "replacement insurance"  for a pizza damaged after leaving the store.

The instructions for properly carrying the pizza are on the reverse side of the box:eek:  I suppose that is so you do not drop a second one.

DSCF3127.JPG

DSCF3128.JPG

• Thanks 1

A buddy of mine was going to buy a reconditioned chain saw from CPO tool store, on line. He questioned CPO about the warranty of a reconditioned tool and CPO said once you put gas in it the warranty is voided.  

Explain that one.  

12 minutes ago, Todd B said:

A buddy of mine was going to buy a reconditioned chain saw from CPO tool store, on line. He questioned CPO about the warranty of a reconditioned tool and CPO said once you put gas in it the warranty is voided.  

Explain that one.  

guess it was only guaranteed to be an empty tank......:o