23" - 25" bell housing interchanges

alsfarms

Walt,

I hadn't thought of a separate hydraulic system to support the steering.  I'll bet that is what is is.  The main hydraulic pump is mounted on the other side of the engine and is what I guess to be gear driven.  That way, if the main pump has some kind of problem, you would still be able to steer, maybe the brakes would also be involved with the smaller pump.

Al

On the big rough terrain type forklifts we had back in late 60's and 70's that was indeed the power steer pump that a very small flow pump compared to pump for the lift,tilt, side shift which ran a large GPM and about 2500 lbs. pressure for operation.

DJ

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here have need of the SAE bell housing this engine has?  I can measure and determine the exact size.  I have also resolved the original question posted in this forum and do have a correct passenger car bell-housing to use for my installation.  I just need to locate an 8 hole flywheel or modify a 4 hole to mate to this engine.

Al