Lowering front springs for 1950 Chrysler Windsor

racerjim8

Hi, I'm trying to see what springs I could put in my 1950 Chrysler 2 door windsor to lower it without cutting the old springs? i read that the plymouth folks used the Moog-cc840 springs for Ford Aerostar but also read that they did not work in Chrysler.  I'm also interested in what V8 engines fit decently into this car.

thanks.

Jim

37 minutes ago, racerjim8 said:

Hi, I'm trying to see what springs I could put in my 1950 Chrysler 2 door windsor to lower it without cutting the old springs? i read that the plymouth folks used the Moog-cc840 springs for Ford Aerostar but also read that they did not work in Chrysler.  I'm also interested in what V8 engines fit decently into this car.

thanks.

Jim

Doan no nuttin bout no springs,but as far as engine swaps "fitting well",I guess that depends on how you define "fitting well". Some people put 392 to 426 Hemi's in them,but most seem to stick to small blocks like the 318-360,or even the V-6's.

first, for your springs, there are a couple companies that specialize in these and as I understand they are not over top expensive.  a quick call to them and tell them what you are trying to do they can most likely fix you up with a lowering spring with a good progressive rate that will not cause loss in ride and control.  As for the engine...many go with what they have access to, it will easily receive within the confines about any of the V8's in the Mopar line up