New 6 Volt Dash Fan?

Bob Riding

Anyone know of a company that makes a new 6 volt dash fan? There are plenty of 12 volt versions -trucker fans-, but the only 6 volt versions I've seen are the old, open-rubber bladed versions or the metal ones in cages. I don't want pay the big $ that they want and then find out that the rubber is brittle, or the motor needs rewinding. Driving around the San Joaquin Valley in the summer without wind-wing vents makes the inside of the wagon rather toasty. The cowl vent helps, but I need a more active solution!

IMG_3169 (1).jpg

E-bay..yeah I know, however...they often have a number of listings and at this time it is no different, prices and styles vary, while it may not have the exact items that trips your trigger today, new listing all the time...ear mark the search and get feeds on new listing.  It is often in your favor to watch and snag one on a buy it now listing for a fair price.  One of my swap meet acquaintance sells a T-Shirt that is just ripe for this crowd......

I'm a 6 Volt guy trapped in a 12 Volt World

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

15 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

E-bay..yeah I know, however...they often have a number of listings and at this time it is no different, prices and styles vary, while it may not have the exact items that trips your trigger today, new listing all the time...ear mark the search and get feeds on new listing.  It is often in your favor to watch and snag one on a buy it now listing for a fair price.  One of my swap meet acquaintance sells a T-Shirt that is just ripe for this crowd......

I'm a 6 Volt guy trapped in a 12 Volt World

I've seen that shirt, liked it, almost bought it but most people these days wouldn't get it. 

A vacuum fan?...............does such a thing really exist?..........well it does as I just did a US ebay search and there was about a dozen of the Trico Vacuum fans listed, I suppose they have the same wonderful feature that vacuum wipers do in that they slow down when you are accelerating and speed up when cruising...................I've learnt something new again, I had never heard of such an animal.........lol............was worth getting up this morning......lol........btw Bob I do like that 1940 wagon...........regards, andyd

Edited by Andydodge

On 11/17/2017 at 7:34 PM, Andydodge said:

A vacuum fan?...............does such a thing really exist?..........well it does as I just did a US ebay search and there was about a dozen of the Trico Vacuum fans listed, I suppose they have the same wonderful feature that vacuum wipers do in that they slow down when you are accelerating and speed up when cruising...................I've learnt something new again, I had never heard of such an animal.........lol............was worth getting up this morning......lol........btw Bob I do like that 1940 wagon...........regards, andyd

You can always add a vacuum cannister hidden under the car or in a wheel well to eliminate that problem.