Check your gas cap vent

Niel Hoback

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:11 PM, Niel Hoback said:

Dan, you speak Norski?

Nah, but you pick things up.  My Grandma was Finnish, and said that all the time (usually because of me and/or my brother).  I always thought it was a Finn thing, but have since learned it wasn't.  She grew up in the western UP and must have picked it up from Norwegian folks up there.  I've worked with a lot of people that hailed from Washington to Minnesota that would blurt that out once in a while as well.   

I would think once the tank ran dry the pump would loose prime, then it would be hard to create enough suction to collapse a tank. Depending on the type of pump anyway.

In the case of the rail car I'm sure that was done with an extremely  high volume pump.

We've got a few big diaphragm pumps at work we use to pump  quench oil and Polymer from the pits and heat treat furnaces.  I know one that you can't run it wide open,  'cause if you do the hose will not survive.