46 Plymouth at SEMA 2017

epix1718

Saw this while looking through my Instagram post and wanted to share.. I know it may not be everyone's taste but they did seem to do a good job at the build.

Gordon Custom Fabrication built this LS powered 4-door 1946 Plymouth for the Gambler 500 rally https://gambler500.com/

More pictures can be seen here through their rotating instagram feed:

http://gordoncustomfab.com/instagram/

gordoncustom1.jpg

Edited by epix1718
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

slightly beyond a tastefully done AWD driveline....the number and writing on the fender throws interesting out the window...

I agree. Seems like a waste of a nice car. A nearly invisible AWD conversion is probably achievable although I can think of a bunch of reasons not to do it. 

Oh come on Plymouthy!!............whats not to like about a jacked up, ruined 4WD Plymouth......at least it has a shiney finish & ain't a crap rod........on 2nd thoughts I have to agree with you..........barfff!!!!...........lol...........andyd 

Another fine example of..." Just because you can, doesn't mean you should ". I can think of a lot of vehicles you could give the " off road look" to,  P-15's don't fall into that category.

4 hours ago, MackTheFinger said:

I agree. Seems like a waste of a nice car. A nearly invisible AWD conversion is probably achievable although I can think of a bunch of reasons not to do it. 

of the cars I modify with other drivelines, the exterior of the car stays in effect as that of stock in about all ways physical with exception to a set of nice dual tips and maybe the accent of a set of alloy wheels.  Of these, I would think that none here would have attempted to rebuild the cars I chose as the base into a stock driver as they came to me less a driveline installed to begin with and nothing in the form of floor pans.  As mentioned, a modern upgrade AWD could easily be accomplished without altering the look and in that sense of the build be quite the different driving machine in foul weather GIVEN the roads are not chemically treated for winter.  To do that work and subject it to chemical is as bad as building it as the sample above.  I can only agree to the fact it was started and completed and that the builder did follow through to the end.